Gibson Brands Forums

A new Gibson.

LarryUK

I love it too. What is the MRP?

Around 2200, so say 1400 to 1600 retail? I'm guessing it's the licensed Bigsby, a few changes like black control knobs etc. and it'd be perfect in the ebony finish. Wish it had an ebony board though.

Around 2200, so say 1400 to 1600 retail? I'm guessing it's the licensed Bigsby, a few changes like black control knobs etc. and it'd be perfect in the ebony finish. Wish it had an ebony board though.

get the wood stain out!

Yep, brand new - product page just went up this afternoon.

I like it

Im just a little worried about that strap button, I feel like its somehow gonna pop out. but I really like the design.

...so hows about us forum goers get a discount on it? [flapper]

...Im just a little worried about that strap button, I feel like its somehow gonna pop out...

I don't think there will be a problem with the strap button coming away from the horn.

This is from the spec-sheet;

"The Midtown Standard...starts with a solid mahogany body that is strategically chambered for optimum resonance..."

So I'm guessing(!) that the area of the horn is not hollow in the manner that it is on an ES-330, for example.

P.

Yes......Chambered, not laminated.......It should have a nice darker tone than a reg 335.........Nice thin body........

I'd love one...or two.............three........

Archived