Gibson Brands Forums

A new Gibson.

LarryUK

I'd say it's a similar size to a Les Paul. It looks like one on it's side.

I agree with Fred about the Bigsby. It should be the American one. Gibson use the 'made in America' Statement a lot.

So the Bigsby should be B7.

I love the faded red...

In the colonies we call that "orange"... [biggrin]

But it does seem to be a good idea at an excellent price! I would love to try one out.

Evidently Gibson is taking the criticism of many people seriously and trying to make a few guitars for the players. Good job!

B-70 is made somewhere in the Orient. B7 is made in Michigan. Gibson ought to use American-made hardware, it's BS to cut corners like that.

I must agree.....However, my main thought is that U.S.Bigsbys are sandcast, which takes more time and effort.....

The overall quality may not be any better than a lessor labor intensive method, but I'd think that Gibson would

have " preferred " to be able to say " Sandcasted American Made Bigsby "....The price difference is small enough

IMHO to have made this choice.....And, to support Michigan jobs is the American thing to do, although outsourcing

is the norm these days....As such, it is not my place to complain...Perhaps us Gibson consumers could have been

offered the choice between a B7 and a B70.........

MF has it listed at $1399. To be shipped by July 12. Just posted it. Doesn't have the 'Description' up yet.

Someone on another thread said the guitar about the same size as the ES-339 only flat top.

Now I want an ES-339 AND the Midtown Standard

Damn. I gotta stop coming here.

I'm starting to wonder how long Gibson will crank out variations on old body shapes like the 335 and LP before they do something totally new and exciting with guitar design? Seems like every 'revolutionary' model introduced is rehashing ancient history.

Archived