Gibson Brands Forums

Yup

Gilliangirl

I'll come over!! (But this is pretty idyllic, as is...)

Oh how I wish! That would be great! I love hot summer nights, guitars, refreshments and friends. Doesn't get any better than that!

I sure wish I could find an armless lawn chair tho'. I get tired of sitting on the edge of the chair to avoid the arms [biggrin]

It always scares me to see a guitar, especially one as beautiful as that one, sitting on a chair like that. I've seem 'em fall.

I like to sit on my urban balcony and play. It's similar to your scene. Yes, life is good.

Oh how I wish! That would be great! I love hot summer nights, guitars, refreshments and friends. Doesn't get any better than that!

I sure wish I could find an armless lawn chair tho'. I get tired of sitting on the edge of the chair to avoid the arms [biggrin]

Wooden armless kitchen chair, thick cushion, Blues King guitar, slide, bourbon...

A nice X-braced corner of the world. Such a 6-string. Guess the pine-cone is a flame-lamp. And the bricks could be tablecloth holders. Then again it would be difficult to use a cloth with the parasol-pol in the middle. Do we see 3 insects around the Gold brew ?

GGirl...Methinks that you will love it here in Rescue.

Long ago and far away in a great city in the west. I kept a collection of bricks close to use as a means of communication with my critics

Cheap barstools are great, easily adjust to your height

When are we gonna get together a PLAY some?

Damn...what a beautiful axe!

(what are the bricks for?)

I have one of those director's chair type lawn chairs. The arm rests are lower.

But if you play with the body to your side, that could still be a problem. I play mine out front, Country-Western style. So, arm rests aren't generally a problem.

Get an armless barstool. It's a true multi-tasking device.

GGirl...Methinks that you will love it here in Rescue.

Long ago and far away in a great city in the west. I kept a collection of bricks close to use as a means of communication with my critics

Cheap barstools are great, easily adjust to your height

I will attest to that !

Rescue if idyllic.... I can't wait for Fred's next ho-down!

We could have used a female voice, (or two), a few weeks ago! (nudge-nudge, Linda too!)

Having lived in Calgary for five years, I'd say the bricks are for holding her song sheets down.

She probably has a wire anchoring the table to the corner of the deck ,lol.

Have to brush up on that old Lightfoot song, Alberta Bound as I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

That picture is absolutly awesome. Not trying to sound dramatic, but it really is cool. Naturally, I've seen thousands of pictures of guitars, but this pic says to me everything that makes this such an addiction. I look at that pic and I think "tradition." It's what a guitar is supposed to look like. It's where a guitar is played. It's why we bond with guitars. It makes me think of life, friends, dogs, family, and simply living...Really a sweet, sweet picture. A picture (especially this one) is worth a thousand words......And the guitar itself is a real looker.

That picture is absolutly awesome. Not trying to sound dramatic, but it really is cool. Naturally, I've seen thousands of pictures of guitars, but this pic says to me everything that makes this such an addiction. I look at that pic and I think "tradition." It's what a guitar is supposed to look like. It's where a guitar is played. It's why we bond with guitars. It makes me think of life, friends, dogs, family, and simply living...Really a sweet, sweet picture. A picture (especially this one) is worth a thousand words......And the guitar itself is a real looker.

Well said!

Haha! The flies aren't as bad as the mosquitoes this year. We've had so much rain and leftover melting snow that the mosquitoes are the size of pterodactyls this summer. The bricks are in fact to hold both the table down and the songsheets. I live on a hill just south of a valley and the wind whips up my backyard and makes a mess of things most days! Grampa, don't worry, that guitar is secure and was only in that spot long enuf for a picture. [biggrin]

Supposed to be nice for all next week so hopefully I'll be re-creating this scene a few times more! [thumbup]

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Wish you were here!

Archived