Gibson Brands Forums

I.D. Bridge and Stopbar

bluezguy

Sorry to bug you guys so much but ... I gotta know.

On receiving my guitar today, I had to do a basic disassembly to check all components and prepare to set it up to my specs.

A couple of things;

1. Do your stop bars contain any text or markings or are they just 'naked'?? Mine is naked.

2. Does your bridge have any text or markings? Mine has the 2 letters 'pw' on the underside beside a post hole.

3. Finally, one of my machinehead posts is shorter than the other 5 and overall, the body of it is a few hairs smaller than the other 5. However, it is stamped as a Gibson Deluxe tuner. The plastic peg itself is a bit different also. Same shape but green with marbled white - the other 5 are just green.

Other than that, the instrument feels and looks great. I wouldn't have advertised it as in 'excellent' condition. I would've disclosed the tuning peg difference. Are you able to purchase just one of these machine heads or, do ya have to buy the whole kit of 6?

... almost time to "just shaddup & play!!"

Sorry to bug you guys so much but ... I gotta know.

On receiving my guitar today, I had to do a basic disassembly to check all components and prepare to set it up to my specs.

A couple of things;

1. Do your stop bars contain any text or markings or are they just 'naked'?? Mine is naked.

2. Does your bridge have any text or markings? Mine has the 2 letters 'pw' on the underside beside a post hole.

3. Finally, one of my machinehead posts is shorter than the other 5 and overall, the body of it is a few hairs smaller than the other 5. However, it is stamped as a Gibson Deluxe tuner. The plastic peg itself is a bit different also. Same shape but green with marbled white - the other 5 are just green.

Other than that, the instrument feels and looks great. I wouldn't have advertised it as in 'excellent' condition. I would've disclosed the tuning peg difference. Are you able to purchase just one of these machine heads or, do ya have to buy the whole kit of 6?

... almost time to "just shaddup & play!!"

1. stop bar is naked

2. brigde has the letters pw

3.that's a drag, don't know if you only can buy one.

congrats with your new sg

1. stop bar is naked

2. brigde has the letters pw

3.that's a drag, don't know if you only can buy one.

congrats with your new sg

Thank you much for your info! It seems like all is OE Gibson and the one tuner which is the odd one turns out to be a 'vintage' Gibson Deluxe. It works for now. I'll find someone on eBay who is changing his tuners out for something else. [thumbup]

Archived