Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul studio - identify?

dEPy

I always wanted a Les Paul so I found studio one for a good price and I was wondering if this looks authentic to you guys: Les Paul Studio

From what I've read the serial means it was produced on 100th day of year 2008 and it was 1379th guitar produced. Am I correct?

What should I pay attention to when buying this guitar? Any good signs that this is an authentic piece?

Thank you!

New pictures:

Body

Headstock

Body back

Headstock back

Case and papers

I always wanted a Les Paul so I found studio one for a good price and I was wondering if this looks authentic to you guys: Les Paul Studio

From what I've read the serial means it was produced on 100th day of year 2008 and it was 1379th guitar produced. Am I correct?

What should I pay attention to when buying this guitar? Any good signs that this is an authentic piece?

Thank you!

Hi dEPy

from the pictures I can see it looks genuine enough however a close up of the headstock is normally the giveaway to wether or not it is legit as that is the hardest to copy.

also after the 'Made in USA' I have not normally seen the year it was made on other les pauls I have played (I may have not come across them before).

Unfortunately serial numbers are not a sure way to spot a fake anymore as the serial number could be copied from a real gibson. You could contact the Gibson customer service team and ask them to validate the model and finish of the guitar based on you providing them with the serial number and see if that matches the pictured guitar.

Personally I would request more pictures especially of the front headstock before I would decide on wether it is legit or not

hopefully you'll get a few more posts that will confirm legit or otherwise

Wow! Very nice!

I'll look into this first... :)

Thank you!

A reasonable used price for that guitar would be between EUR450-500, depending on the condition. It looks like a nice guitar so it might be worth showing the Thomann price to the seller.

By the way, Thomann also stock (exclusively) the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute with Humbuckers. I've just bought one and had them send it to the UK. I believe they still have them in gold and black.

My link

261902.jpg

Alan

I checked those out too. It's 699EUR. Still a reasonable price and they have some nice colors. I specially love yellow/orange/red LP's.

How does the neck differ from WBCR? I have quite small hands so I guess thinner neck would be better or? I currently own some cheap Stratocaster replica and I dont really like the neck feel very much.

I checked those out too. It's 699EUR. Still a reasonable price and they have some nice colors. I specially love yellow/orange/red LP's.

How does the neck differ from WBCR? I have quite small hands so I guess thinner neck would be better or? I currently own some cheap Stratocaster replica and I dont really like the neck feel very much.

I have quite small hands too but I really like the '50s neck. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. If you want a slighly thinner feel in your palm they also make tributes with '60s necks but they only come with P90 pickups. If you're more of a hard rock and metal guy like me you may prefer humbuckers.

I would advise not to rush in to this. There are plenty of reviews on the web and youtube demos to look at. If you can get to a Gibson dealer locally you should be able to try several Les Pauls or SGs with either '50s or '60s necks. If you're changing from a strat you'd be well advised to try as many guitars as you can.

Alan

Archived