Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
m43str0

Gibson Les Paul Studio Tribute 50/60 P90

Hi, all ..again on this subject.

For owners or who tryed these guitars.

Some opinion about their quality and sound, and except x the neck which one do ypu prefer? (orange caps are so important?)

finally what about p90 ? have so much noise that a classic strat single coil ? ty

I just got the 60s last week, and I gigged with it Sat night-

It held it's own against my LP Trad+, and had some really nice growl to it, yet cleaned up pretty.

Honestly, I can't tell that much difference between the necks on my Trad (50s neck), and the 60s tribute. Maybe a tad thinner at the nut and 1st fret, but it took no accamation on my part to adjust between necks.

I also didn't think I'd like the chambered body, but, it really makes the guitar ring out, and sustains for days. And the lighter weight helps around the 3rd set!

The p90s are pretty good, I'd really prefer the bridge pup to be a bit hotter, but, I can live with it. It's a pretty good match with the 57 classics in my Trad+.

If you are put off by the faded/worn finish, just get yourself some Virtuoso polish, work it over a couple of times, and you have a very nice, almost relic look to it, with just enough shine.

As far a caps and stuff, I really don't care, I don't use tone controls anyway.

As far as noise, I really didn't have any problem, no more so than when I use my PRS semi w/P90s, but then again, we have LED lights, so there is no dimmers to make extra noise.

I just got the 60s last week, and I gigged with it Sat night-..ise.

ty x answer. I have a traditional too.. superb guitar, with the 57 and so heavy in your arms.I know to can't find the same feel in these tribute, but just interested to have a p90 and think a goldtop without spend 3000$ (obvs is not the same).so just asking around the preference between 50 and 60. How you say the difference in the neck is not too much with the traditional. isn't too thin and fragile isn't it?

About caps and tone I use it much x changing sound, so asking about it.

thank you very much.

Hello guys! P-90's can be quite noisy. It depends on the angle of the guitar in relation to the amp. As You move Your guitar, at some point it's very harsh, at another it's very quiet. The single-coils of My Fender LTD FSR Tele Standard are much quieter, but the Les Paul with P-90's sound sweeter. As far as the necks are concerned I prefer the roundness of the 50's style neck. Cheers... Bence

Hello guys! P-90's can be quite noisy. It depends on the angle of the guitar in relation to the amp. As You move Your guitar, at some point it's very harsh, at another it's very quiet. The single-coils of My Fender LTD FSR Tele Standard are much quieter, but the Les Paul with P-90's sound sweeter. As far as the necks are concerned I prefer the roundness of the 50's style neck. Cheers... Bence

ty :)

I've just bought a Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute (the white one) and is a fantastic guitar.

Easy to play for the slim neck (I've small hands) and great sound thanks to the P90. I own a CS-336, but this Les Paul is more funny to play and cost less.

I think Gibson has done a great job whit this guitar. A great value.

post-27098-099366700 1311437469_thumb.jpg