Gibson Brands Forums

Help me with my B-25n?

gulletbullet

Hey I just got an old B-25n from a friend and im having some trouble evaluating its value...

Serial number is 800006

condition is around 6 or 7 out of 10?

The bridge is non-adjustable but doesnt look like its been replaced

Without pictures what do think its worth? Thanks

Hey I just got an old B-25n from a friend and im having some trouble evaluating its value...

Serial number is 800006

condition is around 6 or 7 out of 10?

The bridge is non-adjustable but doesnt look like its been replaced

Without pictures what do think its worth? Thanks

Without pictures, it's not worth anything.......

Condition matters. One man's "6" is another man's "9" is another man's "3". There is no greater variable, particularly in the case of a less-rare model like the B 25. The B-25N was produced from about 1963 to 1977.

Without pictures, it's not worth anything.......

Condition matters. One man's "6" is another man's "9" is another man's "3". There is no greater variable, particularly in the case of a less-rare model like the B 25. The B-25N was produced from about 1963 to 1977.

Well until I can get pictures(im dirt poor and I live in the sticks), ill have to more thoroughly describe its condition... The guitar plays and sounds great. There is fret buzz on the 5th, 4th, and 3rd strings from fret 14 on up. The finish has age cracks and a few dings here and there. There is also a small hole repair on the back that was refinished very nicely a long time ago. I know its still not much compared to pictures but hopefully it helps... Thanks for viewing

From that serial number I'm guessing it is a 1966 and the Vintage Guitar guide lists a '66 in excellent condition from $1150 to $1450. I would think from how you described its condition that DotNeck isn't far off with a guess of $750 to $1000.

I played a '65 B25n for about twenty years. A lot of potential if it's in good shape, but it sounds like something significant may have occurred with yours if there's fret buzz above the 14th fret. Could be a minor issue, or it could be problematic in terms of getting the action set properly. Worst case scenairo, it might need a neck reset. Very hard to know for sure without having the guitar in hand.

I'll give you twenty bucks for it...and.. I'll pay S&H. [woot]

Deal! S&H will be $730.00

OH.. [crying]

:unsure:

What I meant to say is I will be PAYING with S&H Green Stamps. [biggrin]

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. [sneaky]

Archived