Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks For Asking.

MissouriPicker

Here are some pics of my new J45 and the other Gibbys I have at this time. Thanks to those who asked for a pic of the J45.

The first one is of my three Gibsons......J150. J45, and Hummingbird.

This is the J45

This from a few weeks ago. Had the Epi J160 back for a while, and now it's gone again to a new home. That's my HD28 next to the J150.

Wow, what a great, happy family you have there, that is one heluva collectin you got there Picker !

Congratulations on the latest baby, a J45 was clearly missing before !

Now, do you have a favourite ...

You know, I've considered a 12-string several times. Had one back in the late 70's-early 80's. Think it was a Washburn. Each time I play a 12-string it sounds too bright for me and I don't know if I want to make the effort to focus on forming all the chords correctly. Six extra strings that I have to keep from buzzing..lol...After 45+ years I play pretty well in my own sloppy way...lol... But who knows? Maybe someday.

If you dont mind me asking, Why did you sell the Epi EJ-160E? I had one, and traded it in for an Epi hummingbird artist model. The EJ-160 was good, but I would rather have the Gibson J-160 without Lennon's name on it.Thats just me.

Actually, I kind of like it. A good friend had it for a couple weeks and asked if I'd sell it, so I sold it to him. Then he had some tough times and I bought it back...lol...(boy, don't I know how to make money). Now it's back with him........For years I've lived by the old adage "buy high and sell low." It's served me very well...lol

I do kind of like the sound of that Epi. It's is a Beatles type sound. No doubt about it. Has a pretty good setup. I just didn't play it a lot.

Yeah, Gillian, I've been playing the heck out of it since yesterday afternoon when I got it home. Haven't said anything to her yet (don't want to make her worry none), but she's playing her first gig on Saturday night. Westport Coffeehouse in Kansas City. Great venue for a bar girl. She'll love it...lol.. [thumbup]

Oh,BigKahune----that's a J150. They were still putting most of the inlay on them, along with the fancy pickguard when I got it. I think Gibson dropped some of the bling on the 150 a short time later. I was going to get a 200, but maple was the only thing I could find at the time. The 150 is rosewood.........Got that strap on the 28 the day I bought the guitar at Mountain Music Shoppe in Shawnee Kansas...Another great store that is gone. You could go in there and play the guitars for hours. Sometimes the owner, Jim Curley, would grab a guitar and play Johnny Cash songs with you. Great atmosphere for buying guitars.

Yeah, Gillian, I've been playing the heck out of it since yesterday afternoon when I got it home. Haven't said anything to her yet (don't want to make her worry none), but she's playing her first gig on Saturday night. Westport Coffeehouse in Kansas City. Great venue for a bar girl. She'll love it...lol.. [thumbup]

Oh,BigKahune----that's a J150. They were still putting most of the inlay on them, along with the fancy pickguard when I got it. I think Gibson dropped some of the bling on the 150 a short time later. I was going to get a 200, but maple was the only thing I could find at the time. The 150 is rosewood.........Got that strap on the 28 the day I bought the guitar at Mountain Music Shoppe in Shawnee Kansas...Another great store that is gone. You could go in there and play the guitars for hours. Sometimes the owner, Jim Curley, would grab a guitar and play Johnny Cash songs with you. Great atmosphere for buying guitars.

I'm digging that J-150! Looks very cool. I have an SJ-300 and it looks a lot like that.

Oh this is awesome news! What a great looking herd (herd?) of guitars, MP! Congratulations on the new J45. I must go find the thread. I notice there are quite a few fingerprints all over that J45! [thumbup]

It's a "strum" of guitars [tongue]

Archived