Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome Rock and Roll quotes

Bowdiddley

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky." -Jimi Hendrix

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked." -Jimi Hendrix

"If it was up to me, there wouldn't be no such thing as the establishment." -Jimi Hendrix

"Music is my religion." -Jimi Hendrix

"Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll." -Keith Richards

"I am Classic Rock Revisited. I revisit it every waking moment of my life because it has the spirit and the attitude and the fire and the middle finger. I am Rosa Parks with a Gibson guitar." -Ted Nugent

"There's nothing you can really do to prepare to rock. Do you prepare to eat a delicious meal? Are you hungry? Then you're gonna eat it." -Jack Black

"We're a rock group. we're noisy, rowdy, sensational and weird." -Angus Young

We were playing a little club in Richmond [London], and I was doing this song, and suddenly I saw -- there they were, right in front of me -- The "Fab Four": John, Paul, George and Ringo, the four-headed monster.

Mick Jagger inducting the Beatles into the RnRHoF

"Music doesnt have to be a career, but god bless you for trying"

Me to my buddy who is a music major. We both love our instruments but I am trying something a little more practical.

"Play for fun, for money, or for therapy but just play"-Guitar teacher.

There Probably not awesome rock quotes but Warren Haynes has said a few thing in interviews that I think make him a great Rock and Roll guitarist;

When they asked him how it was possible with bands having so much strife how he was successfully part of three (3) big bands at the same time his answer -

"I think picking the right people and letting them do what they do was very important."

When they asked him about letting people record shows his live instead of fighting it like so many others he simply said

I do it for the fans why shouldn't they be able to record a concert they paid for!

Then he followed that up with

The fact that we know every show can be downloaded makes it a challenge for us. Most bands play the same 14 songs night after night. Our set lists vary drastically, and we keep a log of every set we've played. We try to make every night a different experience.

this song goes out to the bastard who married my momma...... Eddie Vedder before playing Betterman

Oh and Eddie on Good Charlotte

"They sound like... uh... well taste like a Popsicle that's been stuck up somebody's ***.... but some people are into that!"

Nearly a minus my friend nearly a minus [thumbdn] lmao

That was before my coffee.....[crying] :unsure: [scared] ....

" Close enough for rock and roll " is from rockers who read music and don't play from the soul. [scared][blink] ..

There Probably not awesome rock quotes but Warren Haynes has said a few thing in interviews that I think make him a great Rock and Roll guitarist;

There's a reason he's been as successful as he has, albeit not that well known outside of guitar circles, and plays in the bands he does. Oh yeah, and I read somewhere he's been voted one of the top 25 guitarists in the world.

Archived