Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome Rock and Roll quotes

Bowdiddley

Here's another awesome one:

"-.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.."

Why is it backwards ???

"There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

(Classical, but worthy of note!) "Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosphy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." - Ludwig van Beethoven

"... everyone was using tiny brushes and doing watercolors, while Jimi Hendrix was painting galactic scenes in Cinemascope. We are working in a field of mystical resonance, sound and vibration... that's what makes people cry, laugh and feel their hair stand up ... " - Carlos Santana

"I figured out how to get the guitar to rumble...I put it on the middle pickup, turn the tone know down, grab it by the wang bar, and just shake it on the floor... a Stratocaster is pretty tough - I wouldn't recommend that anybody do that with their ES-335" - Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. -Victor Hugo

"Solos are like sex, so it's surprising to me that there aren't more guys playing them" - Ritchie Sambora

"Cute little babies that fall out of swings - These are a few of my favorite things. -Oscar Hammerstein (Okay, only somewhat musical [flapper] )

Everyone has heard this one, right?

"Rock and roll is the most brutal, ugly, desperate, vicious form of expression it has been my misfortune to hear. Rock and roll smells phony and false. It is sung, played and written for the most part by cretinous goons..."

Frank Sinatra

Guest farnsbarns

The program for tonight is not new.

You've seen this entertainment through and through.

You've seen your life, your birth, your death.

Do you recall all of the rest.

Did you have a good life when you died?

Enough to base a movie on?

Archived