Gibson Brands Forums

Need Nashville Tuneomatic SADDLES

bluezguy

Here we go again on this parts problem for our beloved Gibson guitars.

My newly acquired SG Standard (2005), has a few problems typically associated with a used instrument. One of those things are really beat up saddles.

After doing my best to try to locate GENUINE GIBSON on the 'net .. I couldn't, so I called the Gibson Customer Support line. I already mentioned once before how shocked I was that the person said to me (with quite an attitude) "we're not in the business of selling parts". When I questioned where then, do I get these saddles, he said to go to Stew Mac.

Well, I got my Stew Mac saddles for the Nashville Tuneomatic bridge yesterday. All 6 were only $5.95 BUT the freakin' shipping was $6.95. OK, it is what it is.

So, this morning I go to replace the existing saddles only to discover that they are shorter than the originals and the slant angle is less. THESE ARE NOT GOOD REPLACEMENTS!! Furthermore the thread is different between the saddle and the stock screw.

Thanks Gibson ... you made me pay an aftermarket company ON YOUR DIRECTION for product that is useless.

Does anybody know where these can be purchased??

Try grguitars.com. They have a lot of surplus and obsolete Gibson bridge parts. The exact parts you need may not be listed, but it's probably worth dropping them an email. I've bought things as esoteric as ABR saddle screw retaining wires from them.

This is a topic that comes up frequently, and you might search the Gibson Custom part of the board as well.

Try grguitars.com. They have a lot of surplus and obsolete Gibson bridge parts. The exact parts you need may not be listed, but it's probably worth dropping them an email. I've bought things as esoteric as ABR saddle screw retaining wires from them.

This is a topic that comes up frequently, and you might search the Gibson Custom part of the board as well.

Thank you very much for that information. BTW, they just emailed me back. They don't have them on their site, however, they will get them 7-10 days. OE parts are me!!!!

Archived