Gibson Brands Forums

New J200 Custom Maple vs J200 Standard

Tarrr

I'm verging on buying a Jet Black J200 Custom Maple tomorrow, please stop me somebody... for 200 less I can get a Standard but I'd have to wait a week. With this kind of GAS it's rational to say the Custom is better anyhow, don't wait, right?

... please stop me somebody...

I think you've come to the wrong place. The only way anyone here is likely to stop you from buying the custom is by buying it first.

Where'd you say it was? :)

-- Bob R

That guitar is way too cool!

Call me a cowboy ("you're a cowboy"), but I love it!

You're in the wrong place to look for someone to stop you from buying a guitar. We're all junkies pushing guitar dope here.

You got the right one baby, but it is a Custom not a Standard, the pics don't lie, that's the one.... and no it's not at GC on N Druids Hill in ATL, so don't go over there and talk to anyone. I feel like an NBA player on fathers day sometimes.. I love my Collings' and Gibsons. The Collings CJ I had the jones for flew away like a little chickadee after I played that black velvet ebony Elvis wood, hunka hunka, lordy. The CJ's transition from deep to mid to high tone is serious business but like Tina Turner said 'we don't do anything smooth'. Somebody stop me please.

You mean you've got the money and you haven't bought it yet?...Damn! You've got will-power of iron........I've always thought black guitars were cool because Johnny Cash often played one. Of course, there are other reasons.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMPydiR4NaQ

I remember the thrill, going to an ELH concert in the 80s, just seeing that black beauty (with the red rose in the finish on the lower bout) up there on stage...it was, and still is, a beautiful thing.

Much later, when I had the chance to try a used Gibson Rose model (which was, I believe, the last of the 1994 Centennial line) in a music store in Dallas, I was disappointed in the sound of the particular one in my hands. Maybe it was sour grapes, because I could not ever afford such a thing and because the Rose motif only made it to the guard and the headstock inlay, I believe. Dunno. No doubt about it, though,...a black J-200 was my first guitar crush.

And now...I feel it flickering again. (Thanks alot!!:angry: Who needs to be reminded of unrequited love??)

[thumbup]

Like FlipWilson used to say, Emmylou just got something all them other chicks looking for... her version of the old Chordette song Mr Sandman makes my dog dance, Bertram's nickname is Sandman.

Now yall understand I live in Georgia... if I had the right ATV I might not be looking at the Black Velvet J200 Custom.

"I HAVE A 1996 GIBSON SOUTHERN SUPER JUMBO HANK WILLIAMS EDITION #92 OF 300. MINT CONDITION .

CAN TEXT OR EMAIL PICTURES IF INTERESTED. MAYBE TRADE FOR THE RIGHT ATV."

That's what the craigslist ad says and it's unusual, because they normally want to trade for a Browning shotgun.

Archived