Gibson Brands Forums

Effects pedals

MLD88

Looking for some guidance, I'm think about getting some effects pedals, I fancy getting an ibanez tubescreamer and a boss space echo pedal. I've never

Got single pedals in the past, always had effects units. What I want to know is, will I suffer with signal loss, or would I be ok as it's just two units. Ive hear people talking about signal loss in the past so just want some info on this if possible.

Many thanks

Many, many professional players use pedalboards with anywhere from 4 to 10 individual effects boxes chained together. An overdrive and a delay together should be no problem at all, provided you use a good quality cable (preferably as short as possible) between them.

Effects pedals loose tone because the signal is often buffered (this includes the tube screamer), so even when the pedal is in bypass mode it still touches the signal. You could make a bypass looper pedal for about £10 that switches the tube screamer in and out of the signal chain. I've done this for a couple of my pedals, it's really easy. You could even put several switches in one enclosure. Search for "bypass looper" on ebay. There are always loads available from about £25 each.

For a cheap tube screamer clone, I recommend the Biyang X-Drive, I've got one and it does sound a lot like my friends real tube screamer.

• 1 month later...

Archived