Gibson Brands Forums

This thing is sexy

Kimbabig

Retro nailed it!

Here's hoping my daughter Chloe (aged 6) never, ever sees that amp! I'd have to hide all her paintbrushes.......

Good for you Kimbabig! I, for one, think that it's at least an improvement on what it used to look like...[thumbup]

there's even enough fabric left for a pair of pants! [biggrin]

Come, now, Kimba...You know the rules; Pics or it didn't happen!

And by the way, in the UK 'pants' means 'underwear'....[scared] The mind positively Boggles! [lol]

P.

I think it's beautiful and I'd take it out any night of any week and wear my freak amp cloth loud and proud.

This leopard skin one on the bottom left I had made late 90's by a guy down in Florida that was not in business long, Tantrum was his company. He made them for Hammett, Dimebag, couple others, after he made mine it was on his front page for a year or so, with Dimbebags camo cabs he made. I wouldn't use my Prosonic without the Tantrum. 2x12 Jensens in cab, 2x10 Jensens in the Prosonic. Makes Serious Thunderous Rock And Roll Dinosaurs Stomping Around sounds.

I'll get a better picture soon I think.

SmallAmps.jpg

rct

Put a real speaker in it and you may have something there:-)

It's a celestion Rocket 50, it's not great, but the amp is not great, it does this awesome fuzz when cranked.

I think it's beautiful and I'd take it out any night of any week and wear my freak amp cloth loud and proud.

This leopard skin one on the bottom left I had made late 90's by a guy down in Florida that was not in business long, Tantrum was his company. He made them for Hammett, Dimebag, couple others, after he made mine it was on his front page for a year or so, with Dimbebags camo cabs he made. I wouldn't use my Prosonic without the Tantrum. 2x12 Jensens in cab, 2x10 Jensens in the Prosonic. Makes Serious Thunderous Rock And Roll Dinosaurs Stomping Around sounds.

I'll get a better picture soon I think.

rct

That thing is cool!, I wonder why he wasn't in business very long.

It is cool. Very well built, at the time, cheaper than buying the usual Marshall and Mesa cabs that were around. Other custom makers were doing well, Avatar maybe? Not sure if them yet, couple others names escape me.

There just isn't much money in it. He was a tile guy trying to start something up that wasn't quite as physically intense as tiling, made some cabs in his garage, started getting some advertising over at the old Harmony Central forums, I first heard of him 96 or so, finally got around to getting one couple years later.

I talked to him a few times while he was making it, have some pix of it in progress somewhere, talked to him a couple times more over next, maybe two years I guess, said business getting slimmer all the time.

I sent as many serious cab hunters his way as I could, anyone that owned one did, he would put any cloth you could imagine. He had gone like REALLY out of his way to get a pair of Jensens for that cab, and since he had scored a suitcase full I Jensen'd my amp up not long after. Jensen had just started up again in Italy, a name we remembered well from our youth, and they didn't dissapoint us with the new speakers!

So there it is. Making cabs is lonely, dangerous work I guess.

rct

Archived