Gibson Brands Forums

Witch sg should i buy

EvoRider

The G400 is truly on par with many of its more-expensive brothers, having a set neck and sharing the same electronics. While it may not be quite as blingy as some, or have neck binding, etc., it'll pretty much play and sound as good, making it a decent long-term investment, as opposed to the 310.

On a slightly off topic note: Why the hell don't they just call them SG's instead of G400's? They say SG on the truss rod cover and they are every bit as much of an SG as an Epi Les Paul is a Les Paul and they don't call the Les Paul's LP-400's. What's up with that?

plus whwn your on the epi website it is under sg

Well i did it i ordered a G-400 ebony... With epiphone case it should be here sometime next week. is there anything i should have done to it when it comes in? I hope it sounds better than the epiphone special 2 that i have.

Well i did it i ordered a G-400 ebony... With epiphone case it should be here sometime next week. is there anything i should have done to it when it comes in? I hope it sounds better than the epiphone special 2 that i have.

glan you pulled the trigger

I would change the strings to 10's, I believe they come with 9's, they did with me anyways. Then play her!!!

Well it got here [smile] But i have noticed that it has what looks like a water mark on it, Is that normal for the fret bord to have some discoloration sometimes? [confused] I would hate to take it back but i did spend hard earned money on it... What do yall think i should do? Is there something i can pot on it to bring it out???

Well it got here [smile] But i have noticed that it has what looks like a water mark on it, Is that normal for the fret bord to have some discoloration sometimes? [confused] I would hate to take it back but i did spend hard earned money on it... What do yall think i should do? Is there something i can pot on it to bring it out???

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have guitars with rosewood fretboards that have slight variations in color. I think they look cool. Gives your guitar character. And makes it more identifiable as your guitar.

It feels the same as the rest of the fretboard doesn't it?

But if you don't like it, then send it back. Get what you want. It's your money.

Grats on the new geet, hope you enjoy it, HNGD.

As for the marks on the fretboard, I can't see that much wrong in your photos, try conditioning the wood with a good oil, I've heard of people using stuff as varied as, olive oil, linseed oil and lemon oil, I don't think it makes that much difference, as long as it's made for conditioning wood. I use lemon oil, but that's only personal preference.

Archived