Gibson Brands Forums

Help Guitar Verification ... Needed ..

saad007

Serial number On Back Of My Guitar ... epiphone les paul speciall ii ???

When I saw your other post also regarding the serial number, it seems that you're stating that the model actually is a Les Paul Special II (and not asking if it is).

So I'll take a WAG (wild axe guess) and say the Y represents an unknown factory, likely in Korea.

The 7 likely represents 1997 for the year made, and the 03 represents the month of March.

The following 4 digits represent a production quantity number for that month, at that factory.

If the neck plate is the original one for that guitar (probably is), that will be all of the info that the serial number indicates.

Regards,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

When I saw your other post also regarding the serial number, it seems that you're stating that the model actually is a Les Paul Special II (and not asking if it is).

So I'll take a WAG (wild axe guess) and say the Y represents an unknown factory, likely in Korea.

The 7 likely represents 1997 for the year made, and the 03 represents the month of March.

The following 4 digits represent a production quantity number for that month, at that factory.

If the neck plate is the original one for that guitar (probably is), that will be all of the info that the serial number indicates.

Regards,

Bill

yeahhhhh .. buh dude ... one thing i noticed very strange O_o ... when i put digits only .. i.e .. 7032037 .. excluding "Y" ... it shows that its made in korea .. march 1987 ... and i read on wikipedia .. that epiphones were mailny built in japan n korea .. any views ??

yeahhhhh .. buh dude ... one thing i noticed very strange O_o ... when i put digits only .. i.e .. 7032037 .. excluding "Y" ... it shows that its made in korea .. march 1987 ... and i read on wikipedia .. that epiphones were mailny built in japan n korea .. any views ??

They are mostly made in China and Indonesia now.

Archived