Gibson Brands Forums

Jerry's Breakdown - Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins

Duende

I have recently re did my version of this piece by Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed. I used my 1983 Squier JV series Stratocaster through my Blues junior - I love the combination of these two together [thumbup]

I have changed the picking pattern on the main theme and also improvised my own solo - so it is more of an interpretation than a straight cover, Enjoy my amigos!!

Dude, your video is set to private :)

(sigh)

there must be a youtube glitch because I have just set it to public and it still says private!

I can only laugh when screw ups in life happen LMAO

Matt

Checked on your Utube page.

Great stuff and even sounds like a ton o' fun. [thumbup]

Glitch fixed and all working but thanks for taking the effort to go there.

cheers Milo, I don't think you can't play a piece like this and not want to knock back a beer and think "life is great!!!" [biggrin][biggrin]

Matt

I have recently re did my version of this piece by Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed. I used my 1983 Squier JV series Stratocaster through my Blues junior - I love the combination of these two together [thumbup]

I have changed the picking pattern on the main theme and also improvised my own solo - so it is more of an interpretation than a straight cover, Enjoy my amigos!!

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWkmBumaFJU

Excellent Job Matthew. I have had periods of times over the years where I worked on that lick every day for months and could never get it down where it was consistent and smooth. it's a beast of a lick.... [thumbup]

Archived