Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Joe Bonamassa

gta05

I own one of 1000 release of the Epiphone Joe Bonamasse Les Paul. I heard Joe review, is 3 signature guitar. The Gibson Les Paul JB, Gibson Les Paul JB STUDIO and the Epiphone. I'm thinking on getting the STUDIO version from Guitar Center. Would i see a difference? I never had a GIBSON in my hand... 8-[

I have the Epi version and about two weeks ago played the Studion model at a guitar center. The Epi has binding etc. The electronics are identical. The Epi was finished better. I played it on an amp like mine. I could tell no difference in the sound. The Epi looks much better. It has binding all around, while the Gison does not. My Epi was set up prefectly from the factory. The Gibson was awful.

Hope this helps,

Barry Green-Burns

I own one of 1000 release of the Epiphone Joe Bonamasse Les Paul. I heard Joe review, is 3 signature guitar. The Gibson Les Paul JB, Gibson Les Paul JB STUDIO and the Epiphone. I'm thinking on getting the STUDIO version from Guitar Center. Would i see a difference? I never had a GIBSON in my hand... 8-[

The Gibson JB model is killer.......So is the Epi JB...The Epi JB is as good as many Gibby LPs......

The JB Epi Studio, eh, waste of time IMHO.....( I haven't played the Studio JB )...

Archived