Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page website

dem00n

Guest farnsbarns

Can't argue aesthetics but from a developer, Seo practitioner and user interface architect's point if view it's pretty poor.

Thinking hard about posting this. I reckon I might hear a lot of opposing opinions. I suppose that's ok, just back em up with some logic.

Can't argue aesthetics but from a developer, Seo practitioner and user interface architect's point if view it's pretty poor.

Thinking hard about posting this. I reckon I might hear a lot of opposing opinions. I suppose that's ok, just back em up with some logic.

Looks purdy but after a bit of playing around there was really nothing on it, felt let down.

Looks purdy but after a bit of playing around there was really nothing on it, felt let down.

Really?

Theres tons and tons of photos also the whole discography of Page. Didnt look much, to busy.

Sloppy webpage for a Sloppy player I always say.

rct

WOOT WOOT IT'S UP!!!

I've been waiting like a YEAR for that thing to launch.

I signed up right away but I can't remember my username etc right now... have to go look it all up again :(

The overal un-signed-in impression IMHO is it very much LOOKS like something Page would want put up. Has his stamp all over it look and feel-wise.

haven't navigated it, but, the staff ARE Twittering!

Yes!

Very excited.

Maybe this means the new tour and album promised will be coming along soon too -- LOL msp_biggrin.gif

Linda

Relax Bro. Guitars, amps, guitar players, h8rz and <3rz, all good comedy for us. We're the only tools that even care, shouldn't it be fun?

You woulda had a tough time on usenet. Maybe you did, so I apologize if you did and you don't care for the fun.

So to be fair, take yer best shot at any guitar player I just adore, I can take it.

Forest Richard Betts

Jeff Beck

The guy in the Dominos

Joe Walsh

Anyone ever associated with The Outlaws except Hughie or Billy, can't pick on them is all I'm sayin

Heres one: Gary Richrath! I LOVE Love love that guy, everyone thinks hes crap!

rct

Really?

Theres tons and tons of photos also the whole discography of Page. Didnt look much, to busy.

I own the whole discography (Zeppelin) on CD and 1,2,3,4 and HH on vintage vinyl that my mom bought when she was a kid, and the Zep DVD (Led Zeppelin) that has like 5 hours of live performances on it, this is a MUST have for any serious zeppelin fan. The pictures dont do too much for me though as I was not there and it does not incite any memories for me so its just a moot point.

I didnt mind the Yardbirds, but other then that my Jimmy days were spent idolizing Zeppelin.

Speaking of waiting for websites, I've waited two years for jackson to launch their forums.

"Get access to our Community section Logging in with your Jackson® Profile is necessary in order to enjoy our exclusive Community features (including our soon-to-launch forums and Wallpaper download area, plus more to come!)"

Soon to Launch forums my @ss! [sneaky]

[tongue]

Relax Bro. Guitars, amps, guitar players, h8rz and <3rz, all good comedy for us. We're the only tools that even care, shouldn't it be fun?

You woulda had a tough time on usenet. Maybe you did, so I apologize if you did and you don't care for the fun.

So to be fair, take yer best shot at any guitar player I just adore, I can take it.

Forest Richard Betts

Jeff Beck

The guy in the Dominos <---------------- Wasnt this some dude named Clapton something or other?

Joe Walsh <------------ I hate him cause his Maserati does 185

Anyone ever associated with The Outlaws except Hughie or Billy, can't pick on them is all I'm sayin

Heres one: Gary Richrath! I LOVE Love love that guy, everyone thinks hes crap!

rct

OK so you still have to register even if you were previously on their email list.

Well - from an initial browse-through there ARE MOSTLY shots I have never seen before of Jimmy.

The newsletter says they will be launching a feature called "On This Day" written/produced by JP himself about what happened on that day - with no archiving - when it's gone it's gone -

So they know what they're doing IE as far as getting fans to hit the page frequently.

msp_biggrin.gif

Every photo has a FB "Like" and Tweet button.

All the photos are smartly download -protected and watermarked with the more recent "JP" symbol (the 2 initials within a circle) which he's been using at least since Outrider, although, the "Zoso" symbol is still tiny in some spots on the site.

OK well there's my review: I think they know what they're doing, to promote both VISITS to the site, REGISTRATIONS, and outside PROMO to use it as a vehicle to keep Page fans happy and in the know about what he's up to, AND keep them Tweeting about it -- with easily tracked records of how many "Likes" and Tweets each photo is getting etc, so THEY will get great feedback about what is working and people like and what isn't.

Navigationally, yes, I've seen better, but I've also seen worse.

Visually -- STUNNING.

Very "Page" to a T if you know anything about his personal likes & tastes in aesthetics, architecture, antiques, etc, at all.

Can't explore more today, have other stuff to do but I'm stoked it's finally RUNNING!

Linda

Guest farnsbarns

Well, It does look nice but here is my critique from a usability point of view.

I signed up to look around but just as I clicked register I realized I had entered the CAPTCHA (When you have to type in some random text) wrong so I was waiting to be asked to retry but it let me sign up any way. no confirmation page after that just kind of rudely arrive on a "My account" page.

Now, since nothing is accessible until you've registered I guess they don't give two hoots about search engines but "http://www.jimmypage.com/photos/filter?filters=type%3Aphoto%20tid%3A4" is hardly informative to a user is it? If I recieve that in an email I have no way of seeing that is should contain photos from the "Led Zeplin" section of the photo's.( that's where that link goes)

I had no idea what "Live" might take me to until I clicked on it.

The link/text formating is confusing. E.G. In the account menu the username appears first but it is not a link, then the subsequent lines are links but they are in exactly the same text format, this format is then used again for headings at the bottom of the page and once again, they are not links. Then the links below those headings have a different format.

Most images have no "alt" tag so if they cannot be displayed or seen for any reason then it is not replaced with meaningful text, this is particularly important for blind users but is also important for users of text browsers and/or users on dial up who have turned images off.

The most irritating thing of all is that clicking on home takes me back to the splash page (pointless in it's self) with it's meaningless and unintuitive weird circular menu and which insists on playing music at me even if I clicked to turn it off last time I accidently clicked on the home button having forgotten that it'll take me to such a useless page.

I know this seems like technicalities but these things are important, any web developer of any note would wince.

Just my outlook on the website. No slur on Jimmy intended.

EDIT - Oh, and not that smartly protected! :P

live-kezar3.jpg

Guest farnsbarns

Holy **** its a website and it works, does it matter? [lol]

Well, all things are relative, I suppose it matters to all the blind or poor sighted Page fans or those using text browsers or those not too internet savvy, or those that wake up their parents/kids/better halves at 3am with unexpected loud music or those using smart phones. If compared to major natural disasters, then no, it doesn't matter at all. :P

It was only a subjective critique from a developers point of view taking accepted best practice into account.

Well, all things are relative, I suppose it matters to all the blind or poor sighted Page fans or those using text browsers or those not too internet savvy, or those that wake up their parents/kids/better halves at 3am with unexpected loud music or those using smart phones. If compared to major natural disasters, then no, it doesn't matter at all. :P

It was only a subjective critique from a developers point of view taking accepted best practice into account.

Ok ok, you can go on ranting.

Archived