Gibson Brands Forums

what would you do in my place?

rotem

hey you all,

my guitar teacher got me a really good deal for a traditional, 1800$, on a small store, so i went there and they had one in the shop, he told me that she there for a bout a weak, so we did a deal,

i take it and when he gets new one i just change between them, i said ok sounds like great deal! (it really was)

so i took the guitar into my home, was great plays great was in very new condition, i really liked it!,

after a weak a went to take the new one, when we opened it it was heavier then mine, and when i plugged it and and put the volume nob the pickups still worked, a problem ha? so the seller told me to take the one that i had for a weak, and i though yea why not she played great and i loved it, it wasnt new new but it was new and i loved it, the other one needed to repair because the volume nob, what would you do if you were me, i am very serious so please serious reply

thank you for any help and suggestion, thank you for listening to me!

regards!

"New" is new. If it is not a pre-owned guitar, it still has the same warrenty and the same price as one from the box regardless of how much time it spent on the display.

So, if it is NEW, you get the one that YOU like the best, and you do not need to concern yourself with who played it before in the store. What matters is that you will be playing it, so the ONE that YOU like playing more, get THAT one.

If, the guitar is pre-owned, regardless of condition, it would not have a warrenty and should cost less than a "new" one.

and by not new you mean that someone took it home? so no it was on the store for a weak, so i thought i will take it cause the one that we opened from the box had a problem, and mine non, and i prefer that one cause i took it home and i have seen that it has no problems, every guitar that i had had a little problem, my studio has small place with out pain and so on, thanks

I think you may be able to get more feedback if you clarify a little bit- it's not quite clear why you wanted to trade in the week-old guitar for the guitar out of the box. Was there something wrong with the first guitar? Why did you want them to send you a new one in the first place? If you could help us understand this maybe we can help you out and give you better advice.

Ciao

I think you may be able to get more feedback if you clarify a little bit- it's not quite clear why you wanted to trade in the week-old guitar for the guitar out of the box. Was there something wrong with the first guitar? Why did you want them to send you a new one in the first place? If you could help us understand this maybe we can help you out and give you better advice.

Ciao

the first one was fine, i took it because there was not new in stock, so i took one that were on the display, that he told me that it was there for a weak, its a very small shop so not a lot of people come into the store. so he told me that we will do an order to a new one and when it will arrive we will switch between them and i will take the new one, yesterday when i went to take the new one it had a problem with the volume nob when it was on 0 there was still noise from the guitar the pickup worked, so the seller told me to take the other one that i had, cause it was fine without any problem, so i went home with the same guitar that i had, she looks very new and it has no damage, i post the pictures of her you can see its a goldtop, so what do you say keep it or ask for a new one?

thanks you for your help!

the first one was fine, i took it because there was not new in stock, so i took one that were on the display, that he told me that it was there for a weak, its a very small shop so not a lot of people come into the store. so he told me that we will do an order to a new one and when it will arrive we will switch between them and i will take the new one, yesterday when i went to take the new one it had a problem with the volume nob when it was on 0 there was still noise from the guitar the pickup worked, so the seller told me to take the other one that i had, cause it was fine without any problem, so i went home with the same guitar that i had, she looks very new and it has no damage, i post the pictures of her you can see its a goldtop, so what do you say keep it or ask for a new one?

thanks you for your help!

I think I understand what's going on here- you took one home with the understanding that they were going to order a new one, and you assumed that you'd want one fresh out of the box instead of the "display" model that they had hanging on the wall, right?

Stick with the one you got. From what you've told us, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the "floor model" and at least ONE problem with the "Brand-new-out-of-the-box" model. If it was only hanging around for a week that's not much time for some doofus-a$$ kid to drop it or swing it around into the corner of an amp or something. A guitar that's been hanging on the wall for a week is, all things considered, brand-spankin' new.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Keep the one you got.

Archived