Gibson Brands Forums

Big Bust!

Californiaman

The war on drugs: winning! #-o

Seriously, if you're going to smoke it, smoke the home grow stuff. A lot of best comes out of the Northeast and Northwest. Most of it is organic too.

When I saw that report yesterday, I said to myself A drop in the bucket. The cops/agents who consider something like this a victory are like some fool bailing water on the Titanic. Idealist zealots are the scourge of the earth. They should smoke a couple doobs and chill the f___ out.......

There's I believe 12 states now that can grow marijuana if you have a medical card..I know Cali, Colo, and Wisc. being three of em for sure.

My home state of Michigan too. A guy I knew in college moved his family to his family's old farm in the country and now grows medical marijuana.

Your my new best friend.

[thumbup]

I only speak the truth. Although I don't smoke it due to mental illness, I still think we need to get over the Puritanical insanity and legalize it. Or at the very least decriminalize it for small amounts. No one should go to prison over a single joint. No one.

You can still buy me a beer, friend.

There's I believe 12 states now that can grow marijuana if you have a medical card..I know Cali, Colo, and Wisc. being three of em for sure.

I am aware, but nobody had said anything about a medical condition.

Federally is still illegal, I do agree that they should decriminilize it up to certain amount but you know how it is everybody would stretch and bend the rules just like they do to receive medical marijuana.

I don't smoke and never have but my only real problem is the "delivery channels" and all the crime and violence that entitles.

Google "blog del narco" and take a look at the pics if you can stomack it.

People bend the rules when the rules are stupid. The black market created by prohibition is the problem in a nutshell, same as it was when alcohol was outlawed by the 18th Amendment, an idiotic failed experiment that the law-and-order people learned nothing from. Strange how the anti-drug people ignore alcohol and prescription drugs, as if they're OK. Doctors with prescription pads do way more harm than dealers of illegal drugs. And I suppose state liquor control boards could be considered harm dealers, too. Open your eyes, people....

The main problem boils down to states rights vs. federal rights.

For the guy in one of these states who really believes he's in the right to grow, possess and smoke it, ends up on a list.

The federal gov. gets a hold of the list and he is arrested.

Looses everything. Because it's a federal crime.

It's a mess.

In CA. you get your card to grow. You're on a list now. You grow your cash crop, saying it's only for personal use (yeah right).

Then one day your sitting at home hanging out with the family and your kid tells you there's some men at the door who would like to talk to you.

The DEA roles in. Confiscates everything (including your children) and off you go to a federal penitentiary doing federal time.

It's a total joke. It's not worth it.

Not to mention the criminal element who could very easily prey on you.

I knew a young guy who was a dealer. They broke down his door one night. Raped his wife and took all his weed while he was at the bar having drinks with his buddies.

All because he was dealing pot.

He later was killed on an ATV. Driving, high on pot, he slammed head-on into another rider in a game of chicken.

I know there are thousands of stories out there.

It's just not worth it.

I am aware, but nobody had said anything about a medical condition.

Federally is still illegal, I do agree that they should decriminilize it up to certain amount but you know how it is everybody would stretch and bend the rules just like they do to receive medical marijuana.

I don't smoke and never have but my only real problem is the "delivery channels" and all the crime and violence that entitles.

Google "blog del narco" and take a look at the pics if you can stomack it.

Very good point on how the real problem is the delivery channels...And I really dont want to start going political since we all have our own views, but IMO if we legalized like portugal for example, I believe the majority of the crime and violence with the delivery channels would severely decrease.

I knew a young guy who was a dealer. They broke down his door one night. Raped his wife and took all his weed while he was at the bar having drinks with his buddies.

All because he was dealing pot.

He later was killed on an ATV. Driving, high on pot, he slammed head-on into another rider in a game of chicken.

I know there are thousands of stories out there.

It's just not worth it.

I'm sorry but the whole he died because he was "high" is ridiculous...Sounds to me he was more drunk then high...I smoke everyday, and have alot of friends and family who do as well, and if any thing it makes people more self aware, and more cautious...I have never gotten a traffic citation or a wreck in my life, and am usually under the influence of Marijuana...The story's of all the deaths, rapes, etc are from Alcohol not Marijuana. If he was in California too, why would he be dealing?, too me thats just asking for trouble, grow it privately for yourself, and no one else has to know if you keep your mouth shut..

Besides the GOVT. as you stated, but if you grow the legal limit they'll leave you alone..They have bigger and better stuff to worry about then a plant,an ounce of bud and a pipe.

Very good point on how the real problem is the delivery channels...And I really dont want to start going political since we all have our own views, but IMO if we legalized like portugal for example, I believe the majority of the crime and violence with the delivery channels would severely decrease.

I agree 100% percent. The greatest disinfectant is sunlight; bringing things out into the open.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. [tongue]

"she don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie... (guitar chord) codeine" [biggrin] At the doctors with a bad back a few months back (me to by the book uptight middle aged female doctor).

(me) "It really hurts, do you think something like codeine is a good idea perhaps?" (said in vague innocent voice)

(Dr) "Matthew, codeine has opiates in it, we should try resting some hot pads on first and some ibaprofens. Also codeine is addictive and too many doctors give it out at the drop of a hat"

(me) "I see your point, no your right that isn't good, opiates?! I'll try some neurofens for the next week then (she nods) and some pads..." [thumbdn][flapper]

Matt

Archived