Gibson Brands Forums

have you seen steve vai's guitar collection?

S t e v e

He has a few great guitars...I dont mind Ibanez especially there more prestige guitars...I thought that the majority of there guitar's were ALWAYS set up well with low action, but two major things kept me from owning a Prestige or Jem...One being Basswood..( You can get alder on a JEM tho.) Second being everytime I pick one up I feel like the neck is like a toothpick...Been playing Gibby's too long, and with my big hands, need a nice chunky neck... My hand will also start cramping up on those skinny thin necks.

i was quiet shocked to see that he owned a les paul tbh, i've never seen him holding one :unsure:

Looks liked he recored something on it. I didnt see a Gibson superstrat type guitar too, thought he would own one for the hell of it.

95% of them are horrible things.

I've never had a problem with Ibanez guitars. Most of them are pretty amazing players.

Just depends on what kind of axe suits you, or how you roll musically.

The JEMS and JS(satriani) models are top notch players imho.

Of course I'm still partial to my Lester [biggrin], but don't knock a good shredder til you try one.

Nah, I wasn't referring to you. [lol] It's true that they are day-glo wankcasters.

But that doesn't mean they "aren't real guitars."

Oh so you were referring to me. Hate to tell you man but they aren't real guitars. They just don't count.

Oh so you were referring to me. Hate to tell you man but they aren't real guitars. They just don't count.

What are they if they aren't real guitars? What the **** makes them not real guitars? Are they something else?

Hate to tell you this, dude, but they're played the same way that "real guitars" are played, and in fact they can make the same sounds that "real guitars" make. They're even made of the same materials and are built with many of the same techniques as your alleged "real guitars." They have the same basic characteristics that make "real guitars" guitars. An Ibanez JEM is every bit the guitar that a Gibson SG is. Fact.

What are they if they aren't real guitars? What the **** makes them not real guitars? Are they something else?

Hate to tell you this, dude, but they're played the same way that "real guitars" are played, and in fact they can make the same sounds that "real guitars" make. They're even made of the same materials and are built with many of the same techniques as your alleged "real guitars." They have the same basic characteristics that make "real guitars" guitars. An Ibanez JEM is every bit the guitar that a Gibson SG is. Fact.

Nope they just don't count. They're pieces of junk. msp_thumbdn.gif

Archived