Gibson Brands Forums

Woe is me....

daveinspain

My new guitar is stuck in customs in Madrid. Now I have to wait until Monday to even talk to somebody to see what I have to do to get it.... ](*,)

Is there importation or customs fees going into Spain? I know anything you try to bring from the USA into Canada they try and ding you at the border depending on if its over a certain amount (usually a couple hundred bucks) I would imagine its got something to do with the value though. Any item I bring across the border, even with my brokerage, is held for a couple days extra if its a high dollar item which I think they constitute as anything over $1200.

Here, let me try and fix this.

There's something just inherently wrong with having to wait for your guitar to clear customs.

It's a freaking guitar.

Unless of course you're smuggling some of that Texas Red they grow in San Antonio.

Good luck with getting your guitar out of customs Dave.

Oops, sorry for the mix up Cookieman and Californiaman... [blush] Just so you know, the only thing in my guitar case is a shinny new Fender Strat mahogany in crimson red, some string, a strap, some notes and sheet music and that's it... I bought the guitar in Boston, played with it, repacked it and the shipped it to my address in Spain. I have done this before with no problem. Go figure....

Archived