Gibson Brands Forums

Wah Help!? D:

ClassicRocker23

I have a vox v845 and today I was playing my strat. I hit the wah for the whole lotta love solo and all I heard was a high-pitched whine/squeal. It wasnt feedback just a constant whine. When I rock the pedal back and forth I could control the tone of the squealing. Anybody know what this is??? Thanks...

If its not a power issue have a tech check out the Inductor on it, if they wear out, which they can over time, they can start doing wonky things. When dunlop cracked open EVHs wah pedal to make his custom line pedal they found his inductor was heavily worn in the area he used it the most which made his signature Wah sound, so dunlop went ahead and wore out that section of all the inductors they put in the EVH Wah.

I have a vox v845 and today I was playing my strat. I hit the wah for the whole lotta love solo and all I heard was a high-pitched whine/squeal. It wasnt feedback just a constant whine. When I rock the pedal back and forth I could control the tone of the squealing. Anybody know what this is??? Thanks...

My son bought me the 845 for fathers day and the first time I tried to play through it I got that squeal. I couldn't figure out why and repacked it to take it back. The next day I tried one last thing, a different guitar chord. Tada! No squeal.

Go figure. Not saying that's your problem and I have no idea why that chord reacted that way since it's fine with every other amp and pedal combo.

My son bought me the 845 for fathers day and the first time I tried to play through it I got that squeal. I couldn't figure out why and repacked it to take it back. The next day I tried one last thing, a different guitar chord. Tada! No squeal.

Go figure. Not saying that's your problem and I have no idea why that chord reacted that way since it's fine with every other amp and pedal combo.

Maybe the O.P. got the v745 Deliverance Model by accident......Those ones are meant to squeal....[flapper][crying][blink] ....

Did you by any chance inadvertantly plug the instrument cable into the amp output and the amp cable into the guitar input?That is a certain cause of wah squeal as is a shorted jack cord.

Archived