Gibson Brands Forums

Tuning problems Standard Traditional Pro?

Timrobwall

In a perfect world i would agree with you both, but did you all buy your guitars from the shop or the internet?

I brought my first Gibson SG from the internet and it had the same issue. I swear online retailers sell the problem guitars or we are all smart enough to know that the guitar dont 'feel' right in the shop therefore dont buy it.

as for all the string stretching and other suggestions all I can say is if a Gibson fresh off the shelf with the prices we pay for them aint working right then take the thing back or have someone competent authorised by gibson fix it if your really in love with the feel and finish. Get it sorted now or you will regret it further down the line.

little quick fixes only mask the issue they do not correct it.

I have only ever purchased 1 guitar online, yes I was lucky because it was everything I liked a Strat to be.

All the rest of my axes were purchased as a result of try before I buy in my home town.

I firmly believe that if a regular gigging muso keeps one's instrument regularly serviced, then it is less prone to unreliable performance. [smile]

Guessing what's the matter with somebody's guitar over the internet is like taking a dump and then hoping you're over the crapper. But here goes.

My guess at what's happening is that the nut slots are a little on the loose side and you're not prestretching the strings enough to take all the slack out of the strings around the tuners. You have to over stretch the strings a bunch of times to make sure the strings get seated really tightly around the posts. Do it like Brokenman says above.

Archived