Gibson Brands Forums

upload quota???

The G

Can someone explain how this works ? How long before it refreshes ,or does it . I seem to be stuck with this statement " Used 429.85K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 70.15K)"

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain how this works ? How long before it refreshes ,or does it . I seem to be stuck with this statement " Used 429.85K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 70.15K)"

I would like the answer to that too! Any help out there? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

It's because attachments have to be stored on the forum's server so they impose a limit to keep storage requirements down. I find attachments next to useless anyway, can't stand the crappy little thumbnails they show, I much prefer to see the full image by default.

The best way to add images is to embed them, the number of embedded images is generally unlimited, though it is limited to 8 (i think) per post, info on how to do this can be found in the DIY thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge.

DIY Thread

It's because attachments have to be stored on the forum's server so they impose a limit to keep storage requirements down. I find attachments next to useless anyway, can't stand the crappy little thumbnails they show, I much prefer to see the full image by default.

The best way to add images is to embed them, the number of embedded images is generally unlimited, though it is limited to 8 (i think) per post, info on how to do this can be found in the DIY thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge.

DIY Thread

Thanks Rastus. I figured it out. The forum has some great people in it!

Archived