Gibson Brands Forums

Maybe NGD tomorrow

EVOL!

Congrats! I'm gonna be so jelly of your P90 goodness. You know... now you don't need the Sheraton anymore... [biggrin]

Funny you say that. If I get this SG I'll probably sell my Sheraton.

I did and she is sweet. It's a 2006, but outside of wear on the pickgaurd, you'd think she was brand new. There isn't even any belt rash on the back. Guy said he took her on a couple of tours. He must baby his axes.

Made a new friend with the seller too.

All she needs are a set of speed knobs (for Fuzzy), a good setup with 11s, and a Bigsby. I have an old nut synthetic ivory nut that is cut for 11s. I checked and it matches up. Anyone know how to remove the old nut? Think it's glued?

Definitely selling my Sheraton. It's a 90s made in Korea model mod'd with Gibson 57s and a Bigsby so I think I can get some serious cash.

Pardon the crappy cell phone photos.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

That looks sweet. Are you gonna put a bigsby on it?

btw I recorded a new little idea wanna check it out?

Yes, once I sell my Sheraton I am going to put a Bigsby on her. Hard to play evil music without one.

And please send more sound samples my way. Really dug your last batch. Just have been busy so I haven't had time to write back. I'll sent you a recent jam my drummer and I worked on. The end is a Wes Craven UFO landing on your house complements of my knob twisting on the Carbon Copy and Fuzz Factory.

Anyone know how to remove the old nut? Think it's glued?

Loosen it up by scoring the sides with and exacto knife, box cutter or whatever blade to break the seal.

The real trick (that I learned too late) is that tapping the nut from the side (outisde egdes of fingerboard) will take it out cleanly.

Congrats on the guitar, I thought long and hard about one of these but I got a good deal on my SG 50th so I went with that.

Loosen it up by scoring the sides with and exacto knife, box cutter or whatever blade to break the seal.

The real trick (that I learned too late) is that tapping the nut from the side (outisde egdes of fingerboard) will take it out cleanly.

Congrats on the guitar, I thought long and hard about one of these but I got a good deal on my SG 50th so I went with that.

Thanks.

I found this link and it said the same thing: for nuts in a channel, tap it out from the side and make sure you score it with an x-acto blade or you might chip the finish. Glue wise I am thinking a drop of Elmer's glue. You know, the water based, non toxic stuff we used in grade school. Just need to hold it, not permanently attach it. Sunday is when I'll have time to swap out the nut and do a setup. Cannot wait to get this beauty set up for my style of ham-handed playing.

Archived