Gibson Brands Forums

1979 Gibson EDS 1275

watchman

Hi All!

I'm selling a 1979 Gibson EDS 1275 in behalf of a friend and there's a question that I have encountered for which I can't seem to find a ready answer.

The question is about the decal logos on the headstocks.

I've had three Gibson Les Pauls before and all of them had Mother of Pearl in lay logos on the headstock.

I cannot imagine Gibson using decals for it's EDS Headstock. Yet I have no trouble believing my friend who said he bought it from a legitimate Gibson dealer in San Francisco in the seventies and it's been with him since. Now he's asking me to sell it and I encounter this puzzling question Help anyone?

post-34587-024132900 1311135438_thumb.jpg

post-34587-003110100 1311135497_thumb.jpg

Hi All!

I'm selling a 1979 Gibson EDS 1275 in behalf of a friend and there's a question that I have encountered for which I can't seem to find a ready answer.

The question is about the decal logos on the headstocks.

I've had three Gibson Les Pauls before and all of them had Mother of Pearl in lay logos on the headstock.

I cannot imagine Gibson using decals for it's EDS Headstock. Yet I have no trouble believing my friend who said he bought it from a legitimate Gibson dealer in San Francisco in the seventies and it's been with him since. Now he's asking me to sell it and I encounter this puzzling question Help anyone?

My 78 has the same decal logo

P4210047b-3.jpg

• 1 month later...

This one is on eBay and I too am puzzled - should it not have a "made in USA" stamp on the back if it is from 1974? And did they even make these in 1974? I'm reading conflicting information.

Thanks

1974 gibson double neck

The circle around the serial# on that one I have never seen before either.

I notice on all 3 here the headstock shape of the 6 string side looks wider than normal, and actually looks a lot like the Gibson acoustics from the 70's.

I wonder if these were made in a different factory than the standard production electrics, or maybe even the same place as the acoustics?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived