Gibson Brands Forums

JAPANESE EPI BROADWAY ON CL

musicmaker99

If it's Japanese-made, it would be an Elite or Elitist and the case would have a purple lining.

Regardless, that's not a bad price for a Korean Broadway in good shape with case and a Gibson Classic 57 pickup installed.

I'd grab it in a heartbeat if it were near here.

As I understand it, the famous Japanese Terada factory did indeed make Broadways for the Japanese market in the early 2000's (and perhaps earlier--I'm not certain of when they began). Later, they were badged for export as Elite/Elitists (and got a purple-lined case and unique white Elitist label). I don't think they had Gibson pickups until they became Elite/Elitist, though, which may explain why the original owner swapped the neck pup out for a Gibson. Still, if this is indeed a Terada-made guitar, the quality ought to be superb.

Can't be sure unless we see the serial number; the guitar pictured has a squared off fretboard, like a Korean model. I'm not 100% certain, but I THINK the Japanese-made models had a bird's beak, like a Gibson L-5 (or Epiphone Elitist Broadway). It's certainly not PRICED like a Terada-made instrument...

Red 333

what is the difference beatween the eite emperor and the standard emporer

The Elitist model had a solid spruce top (as opposed to laminated), ebony fingerboard, multi-piece maple neck, Gibson made pickups, better hardware, and a higher quality level of construction throughout.

Archived