Gibson Brands Forums

favorite modern alternative band?

chris.

my most recent favorite modern/alternative band is the arctic monkeys before that it was the black keys. what are your guys favorites? hopefully you'll post something new i can get into to advance my library for playing

hahaha i just looked them up that is pretty interesting to say the least. great lyrics haha nice suggestion man [thumbup]

Neil is a kickass lyricist...most of his lyrics make no sense but they flow nicely and come together really well. He uses random references too...

If you can see Clutch live, you shouldn't miss it. They are my fav live band ever!

What is alternative? Didn't really think of the Black Keys as alternative, but they get my vote

I'm just waiting for the "goddamnit you whipped snappers, no good music got made after 1974!!!!" group to chime in. Always make me giggle

those are an interesting group hahha. but thats a good quetsion i dont know the exact definition for alternative but i know bands like mars volta are defantly alternative, thats a great band love them too.

I'm just waiting for the "goddamnit you whipped snappers, no good music got made after 1974!!!!" group to chime in. Always make me giggle

Any one who says that is lazy and a really crappy music fan. Just like the ones who preach " No good music before (insert year they started liking music)"

I have to admit I don't really know what Alternative music is the4se days. I'm digging Them Crooked Vultures these days.

Yea...Alternative doesn't mean too much anymore...I thought it stopped being used in the late 90's but i guess I was wrong! :)

Alternative just meant not classic rock back then....or like new rock...very wide spectrum of bands fit into Alternative...

What is alternative? Didn't really think of the Black Keys as alternative, but they get my vote

Periodic_Table_of_Classic_Rock_by_VanDiemen.jpg

if ur talking proper alternative stuff then i would say you can beat biffy clyro at the moment!

my favorite band of the last three or four years though has to be the courteeners, liam fray is a genius songwriter and immense front man. ive seen them live 4 or 5 times now and are always great!! nice guitars on display too, epiphone riviera, gretch white falcon and recently ive seen liam fray playing a es355 and 137 classic! great band, great tunes and great image!

I have several that come to mind that I like equally,they are: 1. Apples In Stereo 2.Nada Surf 3. Rogue Wave 4. The High Dials 5. Jane Vain and The Dark Matter 6. Two Hours Traffic 7. Amos The Transparent 8. Jet 9. The Bluetones 10. The Charlatans 11. The Midway States 12. Hey Rosetta

Archived