Gibson Brands Forums

Lolz

dem00n

Prepare yourselves for flame war material:

The Prius is a women's car.

How so? Because when someone who has a Prius sits in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, they aren't burning gas? I'm not a huge fan of Hyrbids, I think Diesel engines run better, but for someone in a big city where they have to do a lot of stop and go, the hybrids make sense.

So not only will you rag on people for being economical, you will also rag on women?

I thought you were going to say the Prius isn't a "real" car... [thumbdn]

How so? Because when someone who has a Prius sits in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, they aren't burning gas? I'm not a huge fan of Hyrbids, I think Diesel engines run better, but for someone in a big city where they have to do a lot of stop and go, the hybrids make sense.

So not only will you rag on people for being economical, you will also rag on women?

I thought you were going to say the Prius isn't a "real" car... [thumbdn]

How much horsepower does it have? 4? Maybe 5? It's a lunchbox on wheels! Any man who gets in one of those either has no pride or he's gay.

How much horsepower does it have? 4? Maybe 5? It's a lunchbox on wheels! Any man who gets in one of those either has no pride or he's gay.

Not sure. I have a Corolla and it has 108 horsepower. The thing is light as hell and I can beat most cars off the line with it. I could do the same in my little Dodge Dakota. Its all about the driver.

Even if someone is gay, what does that have to do with the car they drive? Are you trying to use gay as an insult? Are you serious right now?

Not sure. I have a Corolla and it has 108 horsepower. The thing is light as hell and I can beat most cars off the line with it. I could do the same in my little Dodge Dakota. Its all about the driver.

Even if someone is gay, what does that have to do with the car they drive? Are you trying to use gay as an insult? Are you serious right now?

Tman...again...the more you type...

Ok guys whatever. I guess I'll just keep my opinions to myself. If you want to believe that rolling POS is a good car then by all means be my guest! msp_thumbdn.gif

The prius even makes sense for people out in the country, I'm 45 minutes from where my family does most of their stuff.

Hmmm, should I drive my father's van he lays carpet with and get about 10 miles to the gallon, or should I drive my mothers prius and get about 50? Or should I hop in my own car which get's about 30?

Only a real man can swallow his pride.

I'd happily have a Prius, would prefer a Volt, Honda Natural Gas Vehicle, any of them for a daily driver. Try getting one around here. Go 'head, I'll wait here...

rct

Only a real man can swallow his pride.

That's the heart of the matter.

A Prius isn't a "woman's car," it's gender-neutral--and if it was a "woman's car" (which, honestly, I can't even wrap my head around) what difference would it make?

It's an economically viable alternative to an inefficient gas-guzzler and it handles nicely.

Sheesh, sometimes it feels like Neo never left...

That's the heart of the matter.

A Prius isn't a "woman's car," it's gender-neutral--and if it was a "woman's car" (which, honestly, I can't even wrap my head around) what difference would it make?

It's an economically viable alternative to an inefficient gas-guzzler and it handles nicely.

Sheesh, sometimes it feels like Neo never left...

It's a perfectly fine car, what I meant by the swallowing of pride was to go in it regardless of people who constantly bash it and will call you gay for driving it.

It's yeah, not yea. Yea rhymes with gay.

I just skeefed it off the intarwebz in hopes of causing The Ultimate Cage Match Insultapalooza WebDeath Holocaust EVER.

Didn't work though, prolly cause of the glaring spelling errors on the part of the originators. Whoever they were.

An all around epic FAIL. Someone (-)1 me. Thanks.

rct

Prius? It was also just recently shown that the making of said "green" car isn't so green. I also watched a show where they took a V8 BMW and drove it around a track at 50 miles per hour for so many miles (I forget the miles) at the same exact time they drove a Prius around the same track going the same speed. At the end of the trial the V8 BMW used LESS gas.

Hmmm. The average person never hears these things and continues to think that green is better. In many cases it is not.

Archived