Gibson Brands Forums

bassist & bass guitars

chris.

About the easiest basses for guitarists to switchover from guitar to are the Jazz,Jaguar and Hofner Beatle Bass as they all have slim necks.The Jaguar in particular has a great tonal range due to the different tone circuits in it.

i prefer basses with a wide neck but that also goes with my guitars to

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I think the most I ever had in a 24 hour period was like 40 something. I don't get what the huge deal is? Who cares about post count?

The post wasn't about you, simply what the greatest number was no matter who it was, I really need to learn to word things better.

The post wasn't about you, simply what the greatest number was no matter who it was, I really need to learn to word things better.

No, wasn't directed at you, just quoted so I could respond properly.

BRB guiz, I gotta go into the real world for a bit, I'll be back later though don't worry, gotta rack up teh post countz so I can be teh br00talz just for certain people on the interwebz. I'm famous here

Just my opinion:

My Fender American Vintage '62 Pbass is the best I have ever played.

Both my Fender P basses always stay in tune like a rock, and sound fantastic. They feel great, and have excellent craftsmanship. They are easy to set up yourself, too. Very comfortable.

I also have a Gibson SG Bass, which looks great, and plays great, but the sound is not as good imho, and it came with a bad Pickup. I also get some wierd sounding notes from it, though it has been set up properly. The notes don't always sound right on pitch.

Rickenbackers are my favorite basses. After that, it would be a Fender Jazz Bass

Same here. I've always wanted a Rickenbacker, then I saw the Greenhornes and now I know I NEED one. They just sound, look, and feel so rad.

Actually, my second favorite bass is a Hofner, and I prefer the Mustang Bass over the Jazz Bass.

in your opinion what is the best bass guitar?

Welcome to the forum Cris..........IMHO; I've owned three Ric basses....Wonderful basses....Fender Percision basses are great as well...

It's rather subjective, like favorite guitar brands......Fender Jazz basses are great, but, I can't get past the uncool shape...Now, Ibanez mid to

higher end basses these days are INCREDIBLE basses....I own some active/passive basses, each has it's advantage...I prefer five string

basses.....My favorite bass I own and use is an old five string fretless Warwick bass....Just some random thoughts.....G&L and Ernie Ball

basses are nice as well.....

Geezer

Geddy

Stu Hamm

Gene Simmons ( He is solid )

Paul McCartney

Steve Harris

Cliff Burton

Les Claypool

Bootsy

Eddie Jackson

But I have to give my all time to Ian Hill !!!! Damn It! The guy Comes on stage... Locks into a pair of Ski boots that are bolted to the floor ( kidding but you would think he was) and holds down the Judas Priest Rhythm All night Doesn't move an inch and just thrashes the bass up and down all night ! Give the man some love!

oh i also really like Geddy Lee. but i think probably the most technical proficient bassist would be billy sheehan

Well I own a Signature Geddy Lee bass so that pretty sums that up. I saw Billy Sheehan with Talas long before he was famous (grew up in Buffalo). I'd also through in Jaco Pastorius. He was on a different planet...

My brother owns a Rick and it's a great bass. I decided to go with a Geddy Lee Jazz bass, just to be different from him. I can't play bass at all (my brother can rip through Geddy Lee lines like butter). He loves the "pop" of the Fender but he likes the access of the Rick at higher frets and the warmer tone.

Archived