Gibson Brands Forums

guitar picks and guitar necks

chris.

I used to be a religious Tortex .88mm SHARP user until I went to buy new pack and my L&M store was out, grabbed a pack of Ultex 1.14mm SHARP and I have been digging them a lot too, pretty much the same shape just a bit more stiffer, and the logo doesnt wear off after an hour :P

I used to be a religious Tortex .88mm SHARP user until I went to buy new pack and my L&M store was out, grabbed a pack of Ultex 1.14mm SHARP and I have been digging them a lot too, pretty much the same shape just a bit more stiffer, and the logo doesnt wear off after an hour :P

i like some flex in my pics i find stiff picks to make my sound harsher

I like just a little give, not much but just a little.

nI also use snarling dogs 1.14's if I'm going to do extensive chord work. I loosen my grip for that kind of stuff and my pick usually slides around, so the grip on them is perfect and they give me a nice round tone.

i like some flex in my pics i find stiff picks to make my sound harsher

They do, just need a softer hand, I find they are great for conditioning yourself to strumming lightly or gently instead of just going to town. If I am playing an acoustic with lots of soft chords tho I must admit I do enjoy my Dunlop medium-light gel pick but they are too fragile for the abuse I put out on my electric.

SnarlingDogs.jpg

I use the green .60mm and the purple .53mm. I love the grippy things on these picks.

i dont like grips on picks. my hands get somewhat sweaty when i play live and picks with grips stick to my fingers and i cant change the way they are angled, which i like to do quite often.

Dunlop Tortex .60mm. i do believe the different sizes of picks influence what your guitar sounds like. it wont be as noticeable while strumming though. thinner picks will bend and slide off of the string while thicker picks won't absorb the pressure and the strings briskly snap away from the pick.

what do you prefer wide necks, long scale short scale, wide string spacing narrow string spacing? oh and fret length and hieght. i like shorter scales a wideish neck with good string spacing. i like to finger pick so i need some extra space for my right hand and i dont have the smallest hands so i like some space up the neck too and i prefer a taller fret wire and just the spacing a pual has i dont like how far apart they can get on strats

Archived