Gibson Brands Forums

Finally! A Les Paul! I finally have a real Les Paul!

SRV-Zeppelin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the pics are uploading to photobucket as I speak. (as I type?...) I rather dislike the Classic in fact, but my guitar does have some "historic" qualities. Lots of eye candy (about 17 actually) in under ten minutes... and remember, I bought it for $2199, the list is $3199...

Congrats, I got the same exact axe a few months ago but with the 60's neck. I'm absolutely thrilled with it. Had I gotten to the forum earlier my guess would have been "the guitar in your avatar?". As you can see from my cheapo sig, I modified mine somewhat. As a matter of fact I'm about to go top-wrap a set of new strings. Nothing like 'new guitar day', huh? :)

Thanks Murph! to answer your question, guitarest, I'm actually not sure if they come with the fabric floppy things new. This guitar is actually used- but just barely. The original owner bought it new, played it for one month, and then decided he liked Fender Teles better (I know, right?!) so he traded it in for a J-185 acoustic. Thus, the $1K drop in price.

Anyone care to explain the difference between SRV-Zeppelin's new guitar and the Gibson USA Les Paul Standard(60's neck) made in 2007 that I bought recently? I see the obvious differences are the pups and the neck. Here is a crappy photo of my axe before modifying it:

lpebony.jpg

Good score! Everybody loves ebony Les Pauls.

Now explain my involvement in your decision...

+:-@

To answer your question Tim' date=' it wasn't you RIs that gave me GAS so much as the amount of pics you posted of each one. I'd always wanted a standard in Honey Burst, but seeing your guitars made me realize how much I love classic colours. Thus, my purchase.

Now' date=' correct me if im wrong but arent BB pros, and BB V's the same pup?...alnico 5.[/quote']

Correct, deepblue, they were originally called BB V's and then their name was changed to BB pros. I obviously wasn't thinking when I posted last night... maybe I was thinking of them in comparison to the BB 1 2 and 3s... whatever they are anyway, they sound awesome. I love the edge they give compared to the 57s in my SG.

To answer your question Tim' date=' it wasn't you RIs that gave me GAS so much as the amount of pics you posted of each one. I'd always wanted a standard in Honey Burst, but seeing your guitars made me realize how much I love classic colours. Thus, my purchase.[/quote']

Interesting...

I think this is the first documented case of picture posting actually triggering a purchase.

Glad I could help! :-#

Archived