Gibson Brands Forums

Keef , Mick and Brian

JuanCarlosVejar

Shock, horror [scared] ... there was a reason why I never really liked Elvis, now i know why.

Presley could strum-rock a little. He could also drop a J-200 on the floor – almost deliberately – without caring much. Ever seen that first70's clip. . .

Mr. J.V.,

as you are a fool for the Stones as I,I hope you got the "Exile on Main Street' DVD anniversary issue.There are some great pics and video in there with the gang.I think it really reflects the outlaw lifestyle that helped support what an outstanding landmark album that it produced,and a time that once passed,shant come this way again.The footage that shows the basement of Nellcote,and the musicians spread out in it's caverns and corridors just is remarkable. Keefs'natural Hummingbird that is so prominent in the whole "Exile" period,pics and music,is about as iconic as an instrument can become.With Gram singing at the table,on the steps of Nellcote in the morn,at night laying down acoustic rythymn or in Mick's hands during tracks,that guitar was as instrumental as the people who played in respect.Sometimes more than wood and steel ....

Yes, That is a "must get" DVD for me also. So much history! The one 'good thing' about getting old is.....more and more material is released , biographies written and brought forth....simply for "old life and times" sake! And to make a few extra $,s before 'the end'.... [cool]

Going back to the old Marque days in 62/3 non of the singers played guitar whilst singing like Manfred Mann's singer Paul Jones who I know is an excellent guitarist.

Perhaps it was just a thing with the London bands who tended to play rhythm and blues where the Liverpool bands IE The Beatles played more rock in the Buddy Holly mod and hung on to their guitars.

Archived