Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Rewind.

Searcy

One of the local shops called me last week and asked if I would rewind some pickups for them fast for an artists that's going out on tour next week. Maybe some of you would like to see how that goes.

Was that "keep on walking holding this thing"?

Great job there. I would have been the guy who drilled the rivets.

What kind of wire do you use? any particular brand or construction?

Good luck rebuilding as well. Glad to see that you are at least intact and still have a future as well.

Was that "keep on walking holding this thing"?

Great job there. I would have been the guy who drilled the rivets.

What kind of wire do you use? any particular brand or construction?

Good luck rebuilding as well. Glad to see that you are at least intact and still have a future as well.

"Keep on walkin..." is a a catch phrase I have been using for years. It's something that was spit out of one of these programs that translates voice into text back when they didn't work too good. I don't even remember what the original phrase was. Been stuck with it ever since. It sounds like it should mean something just it's utter gibberish. [blink]

I have a huge collection of vintage and modern wire with various insulation types and colors. Everything from 38ga all the way down to 46ga. This one was 43ga Essex brand Solderon poly insulated wire. I also have enamel wire that I use for restorations in clear, red, green and black. If I cashed in all my wire I could buy a nice Les Paul Custom. [cool]

"Keep on walkin..." is a a catch phrase I have been using for years. It's something that was spit out of one of these programs that translates voice into text back when they didn't work too good. I don't even remember what the original phrase was. Been stuck with it ever since. It sounds like it should mean something just it's utter gibberish. [blink]

I have a huge collection of vintage and modern wire with various insulation types and colors. Everything from 38ga all the way down to 46ga. This one was 43ga Essex brand Solderon poly insulated wire. I also have enamel wire that I use for restorations in clear, red, green and black. If I cashed in all my wire I could buy a nice Les Paul Custom. [cool]

Don't cash in that wire! I think the quality of wire is what makes pups different.

If you got NOS wire, I think it is where it needs to be. Using the right wire instead of off the shelf stuff is what separates the men from the boys.

Keep on walking holding that stuff.

Thanks man. I've done a bunch of these on youtube.

Stein, I don't think the electrons really care about the age of the wire they are running through. But I do like to keep the vintage stuff on hand for rewinds of old classics. To me that's more a matter of trying to keep things historically accurate.

Stein, I don't think the electrons really care about the age of the wire they are running through. But I do like to keep the vintage stuff on hand for rewinds of old classics. To me that's more a matter of trying to keep things historically accurate.

Hey I'm going to start a topic about gain/distortion/fuzz/Tone etc... and the different areas of the signal chain it is manipulated. Please weigh in and contribute. I would like to pick your brain.

Andy

Of corse the AGE isn't really the thing that makes quality or not, but when the wire was made and who made it might be different from one wire to another.

Historically accurate is a good thing, close as possible, not because of what we may know, but because of what we may NOT know.

Question: have you compared the different wire to see if there are any differences in sound quality?

I was wondering when you were gonna let some folks on here know that you know what you're talking about. <grin>

Super vid.

m

Who , me?

I've trying to tell everyone I am a genius. I must be because I know everything I can think of.

Archived