Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone tried pyramid strings

Calico

Was thinking about it as one of the main gigging acoustic singer songwiters in Prague swears by them and uses them religiously on his Lowden jumbo.

But in the end I came to the conclusion Im too satified with DR Sunbeams on my mahogany guitars and EXP's on the SWD, so didnt follow up on it

I have used them on several guitars and I really like them a lot. I haven't bought any for some time because the exchange rate makes them pretty expensive now.

Stringsbymail.com has them for $12.95 and I thought about throwing them in on an order. I guess I'll give em a shot. I like DR Sunbeams so I want to figure out how they compare to the sunbeams.

I tried them recently and really like them. I had been using John Pearse strings religiously for several years. After trying my first set of Pyramid Premium Bronze strings on my J-45 Legend, I orded several more sets from juststrings.com. I orded the medium gauge for the J-45 and some "semi-lights" (11s) to try on my vintage L-00. Great sounding strings. I recommend you give them a try. Pricey, but worth it to me.

Their light-gauge flatwounds are really cool for electrics, and can give you that Beatles "Day Tripper" sound. Especially great on semi-hollowbody electric guitars. (Gibson, Gretsch, ... etc.)

Pricey, yes, but able to deliver a unique tone...with very nice playability.

Jack6849

Archived