Gibson Brands Forums

A little about John and Paul

Valeriy

Participants of a tandem Lennon-McCartney are already 70 years old and nearby [thumbup] . After the breakup of the Beatles, John and Paul did not actually communicated ( “Oh Yoko!” - John was singing [unsure] ). And we took songs after the breakup of the tandem and connected again :rolleyes: - let them live together again [thumbup] , our little movie of two of their songs:

Participants of a tandem Lennon-McCartney are already 70 years old and nearby [thumbup] . After the breakup of the Beatles, John and Paul did not actually communicated ( "Oh Yoko!" - John was singing [unsure] ). And we took songs after the breakup of the tandem and connected again :rolleyes: - let them live together again [thumbup] , our little movie of two of their songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexnarn7Et0

I love the way music bought you all together and it sounded great too.

Cheers for sharing

Matt

Wow, my friends, thank you very much for such good words about this clip.

Matthew Sear, your words - a honor for our band, I listened your tracks on your site, cool [thumbup] .

Andy R, we are with you colleagues as regards “tinkering” around with guitars [smile] . And I gave a link to your topic about your upgrading guitar neck to my friend who also do it. I woke up today and I feel as if I became famous ( :lol: ), thanks. I'm not too fast I can respond in English and is now running away, but at night I'll write in more detail.

Thanks to this film it seems it has turned out an interesting technology of record at studio for a clip so that it was practical (we spent only 1.5 hours in the studio) and simultaneously with high quality.There were some tricks, but any tuning in the computer wasn't [thumbup] , as it sometimes use for unsuccessful record of singing. It will be possible to you interesting.

It was much better than bombs and war.

Back in the USSR!! What a great song.

The youngsters here should listen to the Beatles.

There's lots to be learnt from them.

When I was 22 I stopped dating a chick because she said The Beatles had horrible music, yet she had no problem listening to one of them pop r&b/top 50 radio stations that we all love to hate. Apparently when I was a baby my mom would put on the White Album when I was fussy and wouldnt goto sleep, while my guitar gently weeps is still a huge favorite of mine.

When I was 22 I stopped dating a chick because she said The Beatles had horrible music, yet she had no problem listening to one of them pop r&b/top 50 radio stations that we all love to hate. Apparently when I was a baby my mom would put on the White Album when I was fussy and wouldnt goto sleep, while my guitar gently weeps is still a huge favorite of mine.

I'm the youngest of five, I grew up (60's) listening to the Beatles, Elvis and Dean Martin, plus other crooners. I appreciate all music now and don't suffer bad music.

I astounded that some modern bands even get a contract. They're truly awful. I can't understand how people can Knock 'GAGA and Buble'. They're true musicians.

GAGA is an entertainer of the highest order. Musically talented and puts on a show. You may not like her music. But you have to admire her.

Yet others get on by looking like tramps on stage and aren't musically talented. I find modern 'Metal, Grunge etc' is stagnant. It's boring. Rock hasn't really moved on for 30 years. IT'S TIME SOMEONE FRESH CAME OUT IN THE ROCK GENRE!

I'm the youngest of five, I grew up (60's) listening to the Beatles, Elvis and Dean Martin, plus other crooners. I appreciate all music now and don't suffer bad music.

I astounded that some modern bands even get a contract. They're truly awful. I can't understand how people can Knock 'GAGA and Buble'. They're true musicians.

GAGA is an entertainer of the highest order. Musically talented and puts on a show. You may not like her music. But you have to admire her.

Yet others get on by looking like tramps on stage and aren't musically talented. I find modern 'Metal, Grunge etc' is stagnant. It's boring. Rock hasn't really moved on for 30 years. IT'S TIME SOMEONE FRESH CAME OUT IN THE ROCK GENRE!

Lady Gaga is a terrific entertainer even though her music isnt up my alley, she is doing a better job of channeling early Madonna then Ozzy's daughter did, hehehe. Buble is great he is a local boy from here same with Diana Krall, both have excellent music. I was referring to the bands like kesha, christina aueguealiasra, britney spears, jonas brothers, beiber and anyone that over uses or uses a heavy amount of autotune. These bands usually have ghost writers and studio musicians making all the music, live shows are lip synced (Ashlee Simpson ala SNL) these are the people who dont deserve a musical career of any kind or at least dont deserve to make millions.

Now, I sent a message about this top to my friend in New York, Jan, with whom we did it all. Maybe he will glance here. But now he is sadness. He liked Amy, she was his favorite singer from today's artists.

Returning to the film, of course, not all was good that it was possible to record in studio. We managed to do three takes. In two-three hours Jan should perform in other club. There, in the film, shows how people came into the studio, they were ambassadors of that club, but they did not dare stop the record (thank God [smile] ).

The best was the second take, but in it there also were some locations in our vocals so-so. But the intro was so wonderful that I have understood that it is necessary to think up something to keep aura till the end of the film.

And I recalled the story of recording Strawberry Fields Forever. Then it was done about 30 takes, but John was not satisfied by any. Finally tired John asked George Martin to glue (then there were no computers [smile] ) one part of the 29th take (it seems) and the other part of the 2nd. I.e. so, I repeated this trick but in the computer. It was found that an unsuccessful place in one take, as a rule, was more successful in another. And I replaced such so-so places in the main take by analogous places from other takes.

Interestingly this was enough 3 takes. Secondly, these so-so pieces were small, two or three or four notes, maybe two or three words, therefore their replacement is in fact not noticeable in the video as regards synchronization of audio and video in these pieces. And since there was no tuning by means of software the sound is natural [thumbup] .

Wow, my friends, thank you very much for such good words about this clip.

Matthew Sear, your words - a honor for our band, I listened your tracks on your site, cool [thumbup] .

Andy R, we are with you colleagues as regards “tinkering” around with guitars [smile] . And I gave a link to your topic about your upgrading guitar neck to my friend who also do it. I woke up today and I feel as if I became famous ( :lol: ), thanks. I'm not too fast I can respond in English and is now running away, but at night I'll write in more detail.

Thanks to this film it seems it has turned out an interesting technology of record at studio for a clip so that it was practical (we spent only 1.5 hours in the studio) and simultaneously with high quality.There were some tricks, but any tuning in the computer wasn't [thumbup] , as it sometimes use for unsuccessful record of singing. It will be possible to you interesting.

Valeriy,

Spasibo! I hope my information was useful. I appreciate and and honored by your compliment.

Regrards,

Andy

Valeriy,

Spasibo! I hope my information was useful.

Oh yes, I immediately noticed something interesting in your top and very good photos. I've never seen such update of neck by artful… a cosmetic way

Participants of a tandem Lennon-McCartney are already 70 years old and nearby [thumbup] . After the breakup of the Beatles, John and Paul did not actually communicated ( “Oh Yoko!” - John was singing [unsure] ). And we took songs after the breakup of the tandem and connected again :rolleyes: - let them live together again [thumbup] , our little movie of two of their songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexnarn7Et0

This is what music is all about. A group of self minded people having fun. They don't have to be the best musicians or famous.

But they're enjoying what they're doing.

Lady Gaga is a terrific entertainer even though her music isnt up my alley, she is doing a better job of channeling early Madonna then Ozzy's daughter did, hehehe. Buble is great he is a local boy from here same with Diana Krall, both have excellent music. I was referring to the bands like kesha, christina aueguealiasra, britney spears, jonas brothers, beiber and anyone that over uses or uses a heavy amount of autotune. These bands usually have ghost writers and studio musicians making all the music, live shows are lip synced (Ashlee Simpson ala SNL) these are the people who dont deserve a musical career of any kind or at least dont deserve to make millions.

Diana Krall. What a talent. If you don't already know. She's married to Elvis Costello. Imagine what their kids will be like if they become musicians.

A group of self minded people having fun...But they're enjoying what they're doing.

We are really enjoying, though we have a music of our own. Jan, for example, is a musician- virtuoso, he alone gives concerts in different countries. But here we are caught by the idea to unit songs of John and Paul again.

I would unite still a couple of songs, for example, Cleanup Time (John) and Rough Ride (Paul).

And generally speaking, it would be possible to create a concert program of such united songs taken after Beatles-period, this period is also large [thumbup] . And to think out it is necessary nothing, just a little to arrange.

I love the way music bought you all together and it sounded great too.

Three electric guitars - it was unusual for these things, but as a matter of fact in the second song (Calico Skies) the good guitars sound hasn't turned out at studio. Later I learned this thing again and recorded a new track at home and mixed it with the guitar of Jan.

Archived