Gibson Brands Forums

NPD!

Andy R

Nothin' screams EVH like a vintage Phase 90! I like your pedalboard setup. The Pitchfactor, the flanger, Phase 90, Eq, and Banshe are NOT my thing ( not that I think that they suck, its just they don't suit me---like high gain amps or poodles...I prefer JMPs and Labs ( I like ALL dogs man!! ). With me I have a 5-pedal limit ( less complicated, less tap dancing, and less tone suck ). The signal chain I use is me-my fingers-sg-crybaby-tuner-chorus ( I like chorus cause' it doesn't take over like a phaser or flanger, it just adds a little color and soul, almost like a Uni-Vibe wo. the phasey-ness )-dirt box #1 ( to boost my AC/DC-ish crunch into EVH/Jerry Cantrell territory and/or boost the gain for single coils usually a Barber Direct Drive--similar to an OCD or BB Preamp )-dirt box #2 ( a Ts-style stomp to boost leads and..well..DO WHAT A GOOD TUBE SCREAMER DOES!!! I prefer the Maxon OD-9 )-amp-drunken audience:lol: :lol:. I prefer that set up cause' it works for me! But in reality, no pedal or effect is more over the top, toneful, or cool sounding than your own damn hands! They're even more expressive than the wah wah!!!!!

I agree, I typically usually only run the wah, the Tube Screamer, Chandler delay and sometimes the mxr EQ through my JTM-45. I bought the harmonizer because we are doing some Boston and BOC songs that need the harmony parts but sounds funky when the rhythm part drops out from under it to make it happen. The rest are just toys I like to buy and have.

Andy

Hey Thanks... The echoplex is cool but I don't use it much. Like I said the chandler is great. The Furman PQ3 is an awesome EQ and used by a bunch of guys for a really cool gain boost ( Dimebag, Warren D'Martini) . I have had a qudraverb since they came out. It's OK ... I want to get a nice lexicon one of these days...

Quadraverb? I remember when those came out. They were GREAT. I haven't seen one in forever.

It is just ok? I haven't heard them in about 10 years, but I thought they were fantastic. Some of the verbs DID sound artificial (but then again, how believeable is a heavy plate live?) but some settings sounded completely real. And, what was better, it was CLEAN. It didn't muck up the sound too much.

Then again, it has been a loooong time.

Archived