Gibson Brands Forums

what is the most comfortable strap

I have a Fender branded strap that for all intents and purposes appears to be a rebranded Levys strap....or a good approximation of one......cost around $40, iirc..... wide leather, with the body side being padded and covered in a very soft/supple leather...... right nice for use with a heavy guitar (LP), although a lil too "slick" for a neck/headstock heavy guitar - I need a wide rough suede strap for my BMG, as it wants to dive a lil....but it's not too bad. You should easily be able to find a high quality strap that suits your purpose for under $50.

I have a Fender branded strap that for all intents and purposes appears to be a rebranded Levys strap....or a good approximation of one......cost around $40, iirc..... wide leather, with the body side being padded and covered in a very soft/supple leather...... right nice for use with a heavy guitar (LP), although a lil too "slick" for a neck/headstock heavy guitar - I need a wide rough suede strap for my BMG, as it wants to dive a lil....but it's not too bad. You should easily be able to find a high quality strap that suits your purpose for under $50.

I have a few of the wide Levy's leather straps and they are nice. My shoulder says they're worth it...

I also rock the Levy's strap. Mine is going on 8 years old now and its still in great shape even with the abuse I've given it. Its really time to buy a new one just to have two. I think I'm spoiled and will never own another brand strap again. Plus the suade wont scratch the guitar like some previous straps I've had

Archived