Gibson Brands Forums

New finish on the Les Paul Studio Brown Mahogany

guitarhead

Have any one seen the new Studio Mahogany? I currently have the Studio Brown Mahogany with the BB. Went to GC 2 Sunday back, just looking, not intending to purchase anything and notice they have a much nicer finish on this guitar than all the previous models, it even weighs a ½ pound more, the past models either in sold brown or solid faded cherry, no wood grain or character showing, this one blew me away and had to have it. Bought it the same day and went home and put my 7 months old one for sale on craigslist, it is that nice, I asked the salesman about this change, he without conviction said it is probably new finish for 2011. Please reply with any input. I took pics of it, and it is now the sig photo, my desktop back ground on my cell and computer and planning to make a poster. Since I bought it I have played 4 times as much. If they make a none chambered non weight relieved one I would buy it as well.

I purchased a 2011 Les Paul studio faded a few months ago. My friend has a 2009(maybe 2010? I'm not sure), and my finish is much nicer. The wood grain is more apparent on mine, it is slightly heavier, and the pickups seem a little hotter. I don't know if these are all intended, or if its just the differences between every guitar.

I purchased a 2011 Les Paul studio faded a few months ago. My friend has a 2009(maybe 2010? I'm not sure), and my finish is much nicer. The wood grain is more apparent on mine, it is slightly heavier, and the pickups seem a little hotter. I don't know if these are all intended, or if its just the differences between every guitar.

Archived