Gibson Brands Forums

Feast Your Eyes On This !!!

JuanCarlosVejar

A guitar built with the same woods but minus the fancy stuff would be amazing!

Maybe like the Hummingbird Koa?

Like the Waverly tuners, but Grovers on the H'Bird work just fine.

$64K seems like a lot, but it is "one of one".

Great testament to craftsmanship but it's WAY too much for me....... That's too Bling-bling to be my thing.

Well yeah , I mean If I had that guitar it would be just to view it once in a while not to play it at least not to much

that would be just to admire what a great luthier Ren is :) .

What a work of art. Ren at his over the top best. I bet it sounds fantastic too.

I would gladly own any guitar with that much attention paid to it during the build.

Bada Bling Bada Boom what a cannon it must be... [thumbup]

Come on who wouldn't want a 65K guitar...Chevy's are good enough but have ya driven a Bentley?

[tongue]

What a work of art. Ren at his over the top best. I bet it sounds fantastic too.

I would gladly own any guitar with that much attention paid to it during the build.

Bada Bling Bada Boom what a cannon it must be... [thumbup]

Come on who wouldn't want a 65K guitar...Chevy's are good enough but have ya driven a Bentley?

[tongue]

I don't own a Bentley...will this do?

181591_1569277878524_1432777962_3090506_84622_n.jpg

Beautiful guitar and thanks for sharing. Couple of questions: Doesn't look like a 15 laminate neck to me - maybe 7? Also, I thought Ren signed the inside lables on all of the guitars he makes without help.

LCB

he doesn't sign the master museum labels .

He signs the inside of the top . And also places a special Custom decal or plaque that reads : "Ren Ferguson" and another decal with the serial number .

dont know about the laminates though ...

Well if you must drive something other then a Bentley ....then a RR will do in a pinch \:D/

Nice Rolls by the way [love]

Thanks.... I've had Rolls since 1976.

This one I got in 1986.

It's actually rare, even for a Rolls. Only 121 ever built.

I thought Ren signed the inside lables on all of the guitars he makes without help.

A signature doesn't mean Ren made it all himself. A signature means ... he signed the label. That's it. He may not have even touched the guitar. And, as you already heard, he doesn't necessarily sign the label on a guitar that he did play a major role in building. So a signed label is pretty meaningless. (That said, the signature will almost certainly increase the value of the guitar in the long run.)

But, as Juan Carlos said, a signed top does mean he built the top, and, as a rule, he signs the tops he builds. That's the signature that actually means something. All the tops Ren builds are great, and just some of the tops that are built on the assembly line are great. (That said, Ren signing the top doesn't improve the tone of the guitar: the tone is what it is.)

-- Bob R

Yep! Nice Rolls!

I like the motor home in the background. I believe I could camp/live comfortably in that....Well let me limit that to'camp/travel'.

The Ren guitar is pretty, but too much of the butterfly motif for me....on a guitar that is! I am not into the blinged pickguard thing.

At any rate, if she sounds good and was 'gifted' to me.....I would "love her till death" [drool]

Impressed by the Rolls, , , I can see it bring the 2 Gibsons around on the backseat. Is it a Silver Cloud. . . .

The Rolls is a 1958 Long Wheelbase Rolls Silver Cloud. The Silver Cloud I was made from 1956 thru 1959, (the Silver Cloud II was an awful car, and made from 1960 thru 1962); and the Silver Cloud III was made from 1963 thru 1965).

The Cloud I is considered the "Real" Silver Cloud. The Long Wheelbase version, (the Limousine version), was only made in 1958 & 1959).

Not a bad idea....maybe a pic of the guitars around the Rolls would be a good idea!

You can see in the pic below that the wood is much like what you see on a good acoustic guitar, (except it's venieer). You can also see the division glass, which is also rare in a Silver Cloud.

110213_0058.jpg?t=1311860781

Archived