Gibson Brands Forums

Post up your Gibson.

Nick Beach

This is a good thread. You would think that seeing photos of several J-45s would be bore!

Not so - Everyone slightly different and each one a beauty,plus all the other great guitars posted.

Just when you think you are cured of GAS, this thread comes along!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are like me, you likely dimly remember this from the 80's, but it was built by Gibson, in 1986-1987 in Nashville.

So, my NV-6

For a Laminate back and sides, it sounds very good. Top spruce is super quality compared to a lot of what you see today.

The picture is not too kind, but the headstock is in mother of pearl and looks very good. Very unique Gibson emblem...

2011-07-12%25252022.29.20.jpg

2011-07-12%25252022.29.02.jpg

ezsurfer

This is a good thread. You would think that seeing photos of several J-45s would be bore!

Not so - Everyone slightly different and each one a beauty,plus all the other great guitars posted.

Just when you think you are cured of GAS, this thread comes along!

The bodies and necks of the Nouveuas were made in Japan, and then shipped to and assembled in Nashville. Later, they were badged Nouveau by Epiphone. There was a Nouveau electric guitar line, too.

Very nice.

Red 333

If you are like me, you likely dimly remember this from the 80's, but it was built by Gibson, in 1986-1987 in Nashville.

So, my NV-6

For a Laminate back and sides, it sounds very good. Top spruce is super quality compared to a lot of what you see today.

The picture is not too kind, but the headstock is in mother of pearl and looks very good. Very unique Gibson emblem...

2011-07-12%25252022.29.20.jpg

2011-07-12%25252022.29.02.jpg

ezsurfer

looks nice man :)

• 3 months later...

Slim,

A gorgeous guitar. Did it originally have a trapeze tailpiece?

Hi.. No Trapeze. No holes on the butt end.... .. The bridge on it is Not original as you see.. .. But Originaly Came with a Glued on top Rose wood Bridge..

Archived