Gibson Brands Forums

Post up your Gibson.

Nick Beach

TpBill... Nice Collection.... Old and new .. Very Nice... I see a L2 12 fret in the mix as well..

Thanks. But none are new -- the newest is the '65 Dove and '62 Hummingbird. All the rest are 30s, and 40s. We don't really do new. The L2 is 1931.

Best,

-Tom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. But none are new -- the newest is the '65 Dove and '62 Hummingbird. All the rest are 30s, and 40s. We don't really do new. The L2 is 1931.

Best,

-Tom

The Blonde Smeck caught me... Nice Guitars... I had a 39 AJ sometime ago...I should of kept it... I notice yours has a label inside.. is that what it is?

The Blonde Smeck caught me... Nice Guitars... I had a 39 AJ sometime ago...I should of kept it... I notice yours has a label inside.. is that what it is?

That Smeck is a Radio Grande that apparently started in '34 and finished in '35. To make it playable without permanently destroying it originality, its original neck was removed and a new neck was created and installed by Randy Wood.

RSRGneck.jpgRSRGneckRW.jpg

The AJ came home from South Africa. In the 1930s, the Boar farmers were doing quite well -- a remarkable number of high end Gibson banjos and guitars ended up there.

ajlabel1.jpgajlabel2.jpg

Best,

-Tom

Now Thats a Cool Label.. Nice Smeck too....

I know a person up here that Got a 56 Gold top from down there... Talk about a clean guitar.. But the Bank tranfers, TRUST, paper work and Shipping to get it here was overwelming..

I'm awaiting delivery of this beauty, this photo was taken by the dealer.

Its a custom lefty Wildwood Guitars dealer exclusive "New Vintage" Southern Jumbo constructed with hot hide glue.

GibsonSJ.jpg

I think they put your pickguard on the wrong side man

[biggrin]

• 3 months later...

Archived