Gibson Brands Forums

any bikers here?

jaxson50

geez that "Police Special-glide" handles !!

a buddy of mine rode a stripped '66 Police electro...he!! of a machine!

Tropical Depression "Opal" (was it '92?) dropped a waterlogged pine tree exactly across the seat of my bike & bent the frame unil my bars almost touched my tail.....my wife said "thats a sign from God that he doesn't want your crazy @ss riding anymore" ( +:-@ )...

sure glad I had full coverage on it, made over $1k over what the bike cost.

i miss it,(riding) a LOT, but, in all reality i'd definitely be dead by now if i'd kept doing it, getting crazy was what I did best on a bike. [-X

The rider is very good - The agility course from motor school - not really as hard as it looks, the key is you need to keep your forward momentum going, if you release the throttle your eating dirt, the bike needs to be rolling under power to maintain balance. the second major no no is to put a foot down another automatic crash in a course like that. Motor school was two months of doing things just like that all day. I dropped my bike seven times in motor school which was better than average, two of the drops were mandatory slides so I guess I dumped it accidentally five times. for each of those five drops I had to write a report explaining in great detail exactly what I had done wrong that you then read in front of the class so it's not something you want to do to much of. [cursing]

Retro...

My little bro the 40-year peace officer never rode for work, but he taught motorcycle safety for years and kept racing until a cupla years ago.

Me... I think I might break too easily nowadays. <grin>

m

Yeah I raced for years also both off-road enduro races and on road and track. So it was kind of a automatic for them to move me over into motors when they needed a Sergeant the training was very different with a lot of slow speed control and exercises like the one in the original post. Still after all that experience and training there was nothing I could do when a drunk driver didn't understand what a red light and a intersection was. I loved bikes and would still ride but after watching me go through two years of surgeries it just scared my wife too much to have me ride anymore. We have a couple quads and a dirt bike at the cabin my family owns so I still do some off road riding a few times a year but that's it now.

And I agree about the breaking easier now - I still feel like a teenager sometimes but my body definitely doesn't heal like that anymore.

I love GP, MX and flat track motorcycle races, my older brother raced for many years but he was fearless...he raced the old Salinas track, desert racing and hill climbs, he rode Bultaco's, (I think that's Spanish for stinky two stroke oil!)

That's some awesome control/handling on a big heavy bike. I've been riding since 7yrs old (started on dirt bikes) and currently own a '04 HD Road King Custom.....no way I could come close to that time on that course without a whole lot of practice.....

Archived