Gibson Brands Forums

Vacation time

davidl

I've never been one to take vacations....ever. If I take a week off I usually have some home project cooking.

However next week my new lady friend and I are going down to the southern end of the state (the 'tourist' Maine) to visit with her sister and brother in law, both of whom are retired and semi-loaded. We plan to lounge by the pool, attend a block party, and maybe take the train to Boston, just because I've never been there (save for a horrid exp at Logan airport). Pool, block party, and train to Boston were hitherto not in my vernacular but I'm trying to actually enjoy a little vacation without sawdust or a lawn rake.

I've never been one to take vacations....ever. If I take a week off I usually have some home project cooking.

However next week my new lady friend and I are going down to the southern end of the state (the 'tourist' Maine) to visit with her sister and brother in law, both of whom are retired and semi-loaded. We plan to lounge by the pool, attend a block party, and maybe take the train to Boston, just because I've never been there (save for a horrid exp at Logan airport). Pool, block party, and train to Boston were hitherto not in my vernacular but I'm trying to actually enjoy a little vacation without sawdust or a lawn rake.

And >blink<, >blink< [omg] the mountain man comes out of the woods. [thumbup]

Just, uh, leave your tambourine at home and you won't have troubles at the train station you had in the air port Scott.

I would die without the occasional time away. While I *love* living in the big city, I am from rural Michigan so that part of me needs some attention, usually around this time of year. In fact, my wife and our two dogs will be on the road this time Friday; heading back to my home town on Lake Huron for a week of relaxation. There is no internet access and our smart phones don't get a strong enough signal for web stuff.

I have done stay-cations before. While they are nice because I usually do things I don't have time for when I am on a normal schedule (like a weekday brunch at that killer restaurant that has a two hour wait on weekends), they aren't as satisfying.

Archived