Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardmodskin

Curt Mangan Strings

I built a couple mandolins a few years back and they were recommended to me. I ordered a couple sets and they were (and are) the only strings that have been on either mandolin. They sound great and hold tune.

I built a couple mandolins a few years back and they were recommended to me. I ordered a couple sets and they were (and are) the only strings that have been on either mandolin. They sound great and hold tune.

yeah, i noticed they make all sorts of strings. they even have custom packaged sets on the pickofthericks Rickenbacker parts site.

I used them exclusively when I was finger picking on my J45. I'm now into bluegrass. I've since gone to Elixers because of the coating. I want to try their new coated strings but can't find them locally. They also have a coated bluegrass set that I want to try.

Yes, I think these are great strings. None of that shrill brightness that you get with some new strings, and long lasting too. I use the PB set on my Southern Jumbo and to my ear they are a perfect fit. I hope to try their 80/20 set sometime soon.

Yes, I think these are great strings. None of that shrill brightness that you get with some new strings, and long lasting too. I use the PB set on my Southern Jumbo and to my ear they are a perfect fit. I hope to try their 80/20 set sometime soon.

cool. i do believe i will give them a try next string change!