Gibson Brands Forums

Top 5 most admired guitarists - let's see your choices

Wolff

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well..... I'll give my Rock-n-Roll list and a blues list.....feel free to argue about how they could overlap.

Rock:

1) Joe Perry

2) Jeff Beck

3) Jimmy Page

4) Keith Richards

5) Jimi Hendrix

Blues:

1) Robert Johnson

2) Eric Sardinas

3) Mississippi Fred McDowell

4) Honeyboy Edwards

5) Buddy Guy (especially his acoustic work)

In no particular order....

John McLaughlin

Tony McManus (who is interviewed at http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Lifestyle/Features/celtic%2Dguitar%2Dtony%2Dmcmanus/ )

Bob Brozman

Leo Kottke

Joe Pass

Chet Atkins

Bill Frisell

Oh that's seven? Well maybe Leo can go into 12s and JM into 9s - being the average of 6 and 12.

RN

Brian May

Robert Fripp

Gary Moore

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray (I will place them both as one guitarist as I like how they work as a team)

Keith Richards

Billy Gibons would be on the list if it was 8 guitarists list... the other two? Well, Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt from Angra... never saw two motherf-ckers play as fast and sounding good at the same time...

Brian May

Robert Fripp

Gary Moore

Adrian Smith/Dave Murray (I will place them both as one guitarist as I like how they work as a team)

Keith Richards

Billy Gibons would be on the list if it was 8 guitarists list... the other two? Well' date=' Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt from Angra... never saw two motherf-ckers play as fast and sounding good at the same time... [/quote']

If it was 8, I'd have to add Albert Lee, Mike Bloomfield, and Brian Setzer to my previous list

Archived