Gibson Brands Forums

Did some gear swapping........

bluzhammer

I brought home a PRS SC Friday night, and after playing till 2 a.m. I was less than satisfied. The old adage about playing through a similar rig to what you own rang true in this case. Although I will say that the amp , a Mahalo, is an excellent amp and will probably be next my purchase amp wise, but I couldn't reproduce what I was going to be satisfied with.msp_cursing.gif So, Saturday morning back to GC I go PRS and receipt in hand, Presto Changeo, 4 hours later this ....... NewCamerapics400.jpgNewCamerapics399.jpgNewCamerapics398.jpgNewCamerapics401.jpg

Nice!!!! I too have been giving the PRS boyz a shot although I have not

pulled the trigger. While beautiful guitars the neck is wrong and the sound is

not what I like. But since the local "Rock Shop" is a dealer they let me play

all day on them if I want soooooooo I say, I wish that they would pick up a

Gibson Dealership and I would probably be taking home a SWEEEEEEEET

Guitar like you have now CONGRATS

Nice!!!! I too have been giving the PRS boyz a shot although I have not

pulled the trigger. While beautiful guitars the neck is wrong and the sound is

not what I like. But since the local "Rock Shop" is a dealer they let me play

all day on them if I want soooooooo I say, I wish that they would pick up a

Gibson Dealership and I would probably be taking home a SWEEEEEEEET

Guitar like you have now CONGRATS

Yeah there's something about PRS pickups I can't get past. I have a Custom 24 with the 57/08s in it and they're pretty descent. The SC , i took back, had the HFS pickups and once I got home and plugged in to my rig it was likemsp_scared.gif. This LP is a Traditional + , according to Gibson. The one thing I did notice is that the neck is not as big as I thought it was going to be, after a call to Gibson CS, I was told that its similar to a 59 Standard , but not as thick as the Reissues. I'll try to get some sound clips up within a week or so when I have the chance.

Reminds me of Manhattan Midnight, they used that color a short time a few years ago. Or, maybe a lot of years ago. Not sure. Beautiful Guitar! Enjoy it in good health for a long time to come!

rct

Archived