Gibson Brands Forums

How do I go about ordering a custom Gibson?

meanstreak

I'm ready to step up to the big leagues, been ready for a while actually so it's time! I'm interested in getting a Hummingbird Pro cutaway in natural (they only come in suburst normally.) Being that it's a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend only guitar is there even a chance this could happen? Anyone have any advice as I don't have a clue what to ask or who to ask it to!

I'm ready to step up to the big leagues, been ready for a while actually so it's time! I'm interested in getting a Hummingbird Pro cutaway in natural (they only come in suburst normally.) Being that it's a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend only guitar is there even a chance this could happen? Anyone have any advice as I don't have a clue what to ask or who to ask it to!

You specify exactly what you want, then order it through an authorized Gibson dealer (MusiciansFriend can do this). The dealer gets a quote from Gibson Custom Shop, then you pay the dealer 100% up front, and wait for your guitar to arrive.

You specify exactly what you want, then order it through an authorized Gibson dealer (MusiciansFriend can do this). The dealer gets a quote from Gibson Custom Shop, then you pay the dealer 100% up front, and wait for your guitar to arrive.

+1

+1

you might want to do this from a 5 star gibson acoustic dealer. SOMETIMES THESE DEALERS HAVE A BETTER RELaTIoNSHIP with Gibson MOntana

and they have other options that others dealers do not .

some of them are : Fuller's Vintage guitar

Wildwood Guitars

Music Zoo

I personally like and recommend Fuller's because they have great service and great knowledge about GIbson acoustics .

J.C

... SOMETIMES THESE DEALERS HAVE A BETTER RELaTIoNSHIP with Gibson MOntana ...

This is absolutely right. Without dis-recommending anyone else, I want to say that I have been very happy with Music Villa. Every once in awhile, being located in the same town turns out to be a definite advantage.

-- Bob R

Do you guys think there will be any problems with it being that the H-bird Pro is a guitar center/MF exclusive?

Probably not. This will depend on the details of Gibson's contract with GC/MF, but, usually, minor variants of dealer exclusives can be provided to other dealers. If just the change to a natural top isn't enough to make it okay, you can always have them make a few more cost-neutral changes of no particular significance to you.

-- Bob R

Do you guys think there will be any problems with it being that the H-bird Pro is a guitar center/MF exclusive? I'd rather deal with Fullers anyway considering I'm in Houston.

I doubt it , 5 star dealers are more important than GC or those sort of things . I think you will have an advantage as Bob R says :) .

This would not be a huge departure for Gibson, that is, to put through a change of finish in a "standard" model like the Hummingbird Pro cutaway.

I have ordered four Custom models through Fuller Vintage Guitar, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Call Mike or Jeremy there, and you should be able to get this fairly easily, I would think.

Fred

If you are close to Fuller's then call them. What was mentioned earlier is true. 5-star dealers have much more pull with Montana than you would think. Most of us even have cell and home numbers for the important guys there... and they always answer! Call Fuller's and talk to Yano. Tell him Keith from Bailey Brothers sent you! If it CAN be done, it WIll be done! and you will be treated right!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived